Hacking Questions about CFW and savegames.

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

We currently have two original 3DS's (O3DSs) and two Gateway 3DSs running the latest Gateway firmware (Ultra 3.4.1).

We have a few cartridges that we ripped and the save games aren't 512KB in size, they're smaller. My understanding is either the Gateway only supports saves that are 512KB in size or maybe 512KB and larger. Is this correct? I'm also under the impression if the save game was created with a cart that requires a firmware higher than something like 6.0.0, the extracted saves won't work unless we install CFW.

Could someone tell me if I'm correct with these questions?

If CFW would support save games of any size, can we use the Gateway to extract them or do we need a third party application? What's the most popular CFW? Does it replace the SysNAND or does it just get installed to EmuNAND? I've seen talk about RxTools and RxMode. I am under the impression that if we want to use save games that require the higher firmware, we need to update our SysNAND to version 6.0.0 or higher. If we install RxMode, do we still need to execute an exploit? If we have to execute the payload, do we need internet access or can we use something like the MSET exploit? Also, with CFW, can we still play .3ds / .3dz files or do we need to convert them to .cia files?

I apologize for all the questions. I've been out of the scene for quite a while now. If anyone could give me the information I'm requesting, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited by Spork Schivago,

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got most of my questions answered using googling and reading a few GBATemp forums. I'm still not 100% sure though on a few of them. Can I still use the Gateway with RxTools and RxMode or does it only support the Sky3DS like the post here says? https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/

Also, we cannot use the browser exploit. Can I use it with the DS Profile exploit? I believe it's called the MSET exploit? If so, what's the highest SysNAND we can use while still using the MSET profile exploit? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol