questions about bootmii and bricks

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pkl2007, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. pkl2007
    OP

Newcomer pkl2007 Advanced Member

Australia
    ok i have decided that i want to run games off my hard drive but there's a couple of questions that i need answers for:

a)does bootmii and the nand backup unbrick all the bricks(banner brick,full brick etc)?
    b)whats the difference between boot2 method and the IOS method for installing bootmii?
    c)do i need both bootmii and preloader?

Thanks for your help guys

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    1] basically unless you uninstalled your IOS's or system menu then theres a chance it might not.

2] Boot2 version of Bootmii is when Bootmii starts up as soon as your wii is turned on. Bootmii as an IOS must be ran through the Homebrew Channel. Newer Wii's can't install as Boot2. Which mean if they unistalled a system menu or IOS, they must rely on preloader to load HBC.

3] Pretty much if you want full brick protection. Especially on newer Wii's.

3. Col70

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

4. ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

United States
    I was under the impression that the nand backup and boot 2 bootmii can fix anything as it is a full backup of (pretty much) everything. Basically a "image" of the wii it its current state.

Preloader is pointless if you have boot 2 bootmii except unless you want some of the system menu hacks (I dont bother it caused me more issues than anything it helped with and all the hacks are built into the loaders these days)

Bootmii can go directly into the homebrew channel also.

5. pkl2007
    OP

Newcomer pkl2007 Advanced Member

Australia
    ok Thanks for the info and the quick replys