Questions about BootAnim9

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GibFTW, Nov 27, 2016.

1. GibFTW
    OP

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    I think it is time for some edgy boot animations, but I have a few questions first.
    • Since I need to replace my arm9loaderhax.bin, how do I merge it with Luma3DS
    • How do I use it in newbie terms, (file layout)
    • If I make a animation that is 1 second, will it only last for 1 second or will it loop until the device has finished loading.
    • Do top/bottom animations need to be in the same file?
    Thanks for reading this!

2. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    1. Put the Luma a9lh.bin in /anim and name it "arm9payload"
    2. Each animation goes inside the /anim folder. Each folder containing an animation needs to be a number. So, you would put the animation files in /anim/0. I could show you an example if it's confusing.
    3. The animation would play for one second. I don't think you can have it loop unless you loop it yourself.
    4. I think they're separate files. I don't know for sure though. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :D

Last edited by Magical Sheep, Nov 27, 2016
  3. GibFTW
    OP

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Okay, so I made folders 0-9, and put my top animation, which is the only one that is done atm, in 1, and I turn my 3ds on, and it just boots to luma. I try adding it to 0 and it didn't work.

4. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    You only really need the folder named "0" in /anim, but you can have the others if you want different animations to play on boot. It'll randomly pick any from 0-9 when it turns on, and then it will play that one. You can delete folders 1-9 if you dont plan on using them. Make sure the anim and config file are both in /anim/0, and that the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin is in /anim named "arm9payload"