Hacking Questions about AnyRegionChanger

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

if I use this app to change my wii's region, is my wii for ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES a US wii? ie can I update from a US game? is there anything in hardware/firmware which still says 'jap wii' or is it fully 100% a US wii? because if it is I want to change!

thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It will be 100% US if you do it right
DO NOT make any mistake or your wii may be done for
Do some very good research before changing anything with the ARC
It is best that you find a tutorial here or on youtube

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
bubbleboy said:
Hi,

if I use this app to change my wii's region, is my wii for ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES a US wii? ie can I update from a US game? is there anything in hardware/firmware which still says 'jap wii' or is it fully 100% a US wii? because if it is I want to change!

thanks!
Hi there! I believe you have been wanting to convert your Wii from Jap to USA since a long time (I remember reading your posts back in the Jap Wii thread). I was also in the same boat as you and I also advised you against doing it back then. But now I changed my mind and I have successfully converted my Jap Wii from NTSC-J to NTSC-U using AnyRegionChanger and it looks like it is definitely a US Wii now! I even installed preloader on it and it works fine.

PS: DO NOT UPDATE to 4.0! Especially if you don't have cIOS249 installed!

boobooman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I changed my jpn wii to pal, Works great but when i tried updateding to 4.0e i ended up with 4.0j and a semi brick!!...
Back to 3.2 with all patched ios
smile.gif
great

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
boobooman said:
I changed my jpn wii to pal, Works great but when i tried updateding to 4.0e i ended up with 4.0j and a semi brick!!...
Back to 3.2 with all patched ios
smile.gif
great
I wonder why it updated to 4.0J? When you changed from NTSC-J to PAL using ARC, did you also change the shop channel code and the language setting to the appropriate values?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs