Homebrew Questions about A9HL

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Use Emunand9 from @d0k3
You have 2 options:
  • Do a full setup: It will format your entire SD and will create the redNAND partition, after that, you have to restore your emuNAND (if you want)
  • Convert the GW emuNAND to redNAND emuNAND: convert and be happy (though some people says that don't improve as the first option)

honestly i would be too lazy to backup the whole stuff i have on my 64gig card.
its filled with over 40gigs, btw. the converting is the option i would choose,

but will that option create a complete new partition nay ? or will it actually just write the redNAND ontop of my GWEMUNAND partition?
what about the size though? will the size change :) and could i just re-merge the size with the actual mSD partition nay ?

i want to try it out ! the emuNAND conversion XD, i will test it on my og3ds and i shall see what happens.
thanks mate,

but could you link me to the conversion guide please.

(forgot one thing, i use gw on my n3ds so i think i wouldnt want to wipe my GWemunand,but you did say that i could just restore it, soo mm redNAND/GWemuNAND would each have its own partition yep?)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
honestly i would be too lazy to backup the whole stuff i have on my 64gig card.
its filled with over 40gigs, btw. the converting is the option i would choose,

but will that option create a complete new partition nay ? or will it actually just write the redNAND ontop of my GWEMUNAND partition?
what about the size though? will the size change :) and could i just re-merge the size with the actual mSD partition nay ?

i want to try it out ! the emuNAND conversion XD, i will test it on my og3ds and i shall see what happens.
thanks mate,

but could you link me to the conversion guide please.

(forgot one thing, i use gw on my n3ds so i think i wouldnt want to wipe your GWemunand, but you did say that i could just restore it, soo mm redNAND/GWemuNAND would each have its own partition yep?)

It will write the redNAND ontop of my GW emuNAND partition
The size will be the same, to use less space you have to do from scratch

Always welcome to help

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use Emunand9 from @d0k3
You have 2 options:
  • Do a full setup: It will format your entire SD and will create the redNAND partition, after that, you have to restore your emuNAND (if you want)
  • Convert the GW emuNAND to redNAND emuNAND: convert and be happy (though some people says that don't improve as the first option)
With the full setup, you can save a lot of space on N3DS with 1.8GB NANDs, otehrwise the difference between a conversion and a full setup is negligible.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over