OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hi GBATemp!
I'm thinking in switching MenuHax cold boot for A9HL, and I have some questions. First , can I use RxTools with A9HL.
It's very important for me to have GBA and DSIWare support directly on the menu as I installed very GBA and DSIware cias.
If not what's the best CFW for A9HL that supports GBA cias and DSIware cias.
Also what's the difference of the CFW functions when A9HL is enabled or not ?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
1. You can use RxTools but you need to compile it yourslef
2. You can install a patched AGB_FIRM and a patched TWL_FIRM which can be found on that iso site
3. You can use AuReinand. Its far more superior than RxTools
4. You can use a Sysnand CFW. Other than that, none i guess

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can use RxTools but you need to compile it yourslef
2. You can install a patched AGB_FIRM and a patched TWL_FIRM which can be found on that iso site
3. You can use AuReinand. Its far more superior than RxTools
4. You can use a Sysnand CFW. Other than that, none i guess
Does Rx"tools" even patch Firm0/1 yet? If it doesn't I highly recommend Aureinand, but Cakes is a good choice as well.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For RXtools.
No, unless you compile or use a booter yourself, but you are aware that there is other CFW's that support DSi and GBA from the menu way better than RXtools does? Like ReiNAND or Cakes, both can do TWL/AGB support from CIA better than RXtools without extra mode. Especially AUREINAND revamped reboot codes to be as near perfect as it can be, as far as I know.

There is no function difference with CFW's on A9LH only slight difference being you can move to use your sysnand with CFW instead of emunand if you want to. This means you can copy your 9.2 sysnand as backup emunand and instead use your own sysnand as main nand, this makes it so you do not need to install GBA/TWL Cia twice anymore, problem of general system menu slowness if your card is little too slow, and so on are now "fixed" - the risk is that you NEED a Firm partition blocking in your CFW because updating your FIRM over the existing A9LH can prove to be... bad.

Other thing is booting faster and being able to use Decrypt9, Uncart and few other tools like that straight from bootup without need for 9.2 emunand or sysnand (though keeping one around as backup is advised)

As long as RXtools is not being updated in major ways it tends to be a little outdated now compared to AuReiNand or Cakes which are the two best choices for A9LH users.

Reactions: codeluca

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I piggyback on this topic?

I have a N3DS with Menuhax/EmuNAND using Cakes. If I switch to A9LH, is it worth switching to AuReiNAND, or just sticking with Cakes since it's already there and I'm familiar with it? What does AuReiNAND offer?

Reactions: codeluca

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a N3DS with Menuhax/EmuNAND using Cakes. If I switch to A9LH, is it worth switching to AuReiNAND, or just sticking with Cakes since it's already there and I'm familiar with it? What does AuReiNAND offer?
Aureinand offers splash screens and noob-friendliness. Other than that, there isn't much of a difference

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

stick with CakesFW if you already familiar with (I use both AuRei and Cakes)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Aureinand has "automatic" firm update block Patching, Cakes has specific firm update block patching, aureinand has splash and "Chainload" in case you are not using CTRbootmanager for A9LH or something like that. Also making cakes A9LH bin is challenging as fuck I mean it will tear you down: You have to hexedit the cakes bin and delete stuff before 0x1200 offset if I recall correctly here now... AuReiNand on other hand has A9LH bin in release for your pleasuring pleasure.

They are more or less the same
but cakes is better.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Aureinand has "automatic" firm update block Patching, Cakes has specific firm update block patching, aureinand has splash and "Chainload" in case you are not using CTRbootmanager for A9LH or something like that. Also making cakes A9LH bin is challenging as fuck I mean it will tear you down: You have to hexedit the cakes bin and delete stuff before 0x1200 offset if I recall correctly here now... AuReiNand on other hand has A9LH bin in release for your pleasuring pleasure.

They are more or less the same
but cakes is better.

or you can compile the Cakes.dat and just make a A9LH payload with that command
  • dd if=Cakes.dat of=arm9loaderhax.bin bs=512 skip=144

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
or you can compile the Cakes.dat and just make a A9LH payload with that command

Yes, because compiling is the easier task out of the two for the user who might not even have Linux to build with, than just cutting stuff with hexedit.
That sound easier for sure. I go by the quite sure assumption that most people here are not using Linux in any way. Not even I am.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, because compiling is the easier task out of the two for the user who might not even have Linux to build with, than just cutting stuff with hexedit.
That sound easier for sure. I go by the quite sure assumption that most people here are not using Linux in any way. Not even I am.

Ok then, so if the people don't know how to compile, download the last stable version, open the terminal(Linux/Mac)/prompt(Windows) and use the code:

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok then, so if the people don't know how to compile, download the last stable version, open the terminal(Linux/Mac)/prompt(Windows) and use the code:
That works too - I forgot windows had dd

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And learn cd and ls commands is super easy, even a super noob can learn that in (at max) 10min
Command lines are something most people these days never used, I have but many people who are just users have not used. Worst comes from being used to windows or linux and then trying to learn the other command line. it is that windows users find Linux terminal confusing and same other way around.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Soooo, cakesfw or aureinand?
I have a 64 GB card class U1 which is pretty fast with my 2DS.
I want a fast CFW with GBA and DSIWare CIA support.
Do I still need emuNAND with CakesFW or aureinand ?

Depending of how noob you are: AuReiNand if you're CFWs noob, CakesFW if you have enough EXP in CFWs
If you want GBA and DSiWare, AuReiNand is better (you just need the patches from that iso site if you use custom GBA and DSi games)
EmuNAND is useless if you don't have Gateway flashcard with every CFWs A9LH-compatible

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How safe is doing the process of getting the OTP considered to be on the New 3DS recently? I've seen a couple of threads with people bricking their systems during the process and I can't really afford to get my 3DS hardmodded right now.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Command lines are something most people these days never used, I have but many people who are just users have not used. Worst comes from being used to windows or linux and then trying to learn the other command line. it is that windows users find Linux terminal confusing and same other way around.

You're right, but cd, ls and dd commands are universal (make life less stressing)
I'm comfortable with with all 3 OS common command lines, but I remember when I was learning DOS commands, it was suck pain in the ass 'cuz some commands simply doesn't made any sense to me xD
So I know what you mean to say :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How safe is doing the process of getting the OTP considered to be on the New 3DS recently? I've seen a couple of threads with people bricking their systems during the process and I can't really afford to get my 3DS hardmodded right now.

Now we have the OTPHelper, it reduces the change of getting bricks

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Depending of how noob you are: AuReiNand if you're CFWs noob, CakesFW if you have enough EXP in CFWs
If you want GBA and DSiWare, AuReiNand is better (you just need the patches from that iso site if you use custom GBA and DSi games)
EmuNAND is useless if you don't have Gateway flashcard with every CFWs A9LH-compatible
So do I just install my cias without an emunand? How will I keep my FW in 10.7 to play online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1