Question Questions about 3.0 ( nand+nogc)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Lioon2, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Lioon2
    OP

Lioon2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    France
    Hello,

i just bought a 3.0 switch. I'm waiting for sdcard/jig, so i'm preparing the ground and getting ready once i received those items.

2 questions after reading the whole internet about it, without finding answers.

1: 3.0.0 doesn't support exfat, and nand is around 30go right ? How i'm supposed to backup it on fat32 only firmware? I read about patches, but i wouldn't be "proper" anymore ?

2: i will update with choidujourNX to 5.1, and use reinx. I must install nogc patch for being able to downgrade back to 3.0 in the future if needed. I must install nogc patch or, if i don't use gamecard at all it's ok?

Thanks!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. 3.0 does support exFAT (only 1.0 doesn't support it) but that doesn't have any bearing on backing up your NAND. Quoted directly from the Hekate thread which you use to backup the NAND:
      So you can insert an exFAT formatted SD card to backup the NAND in exFAT because you're backing up the NAND in Hekate not Horizon
    2. The nogc patch is only if you want to use retail carts on firmwares below 4.0. If you don't keep the nogc patch, then you will not be able to use retail carts on firmwares below 4.0. The reasons this may be favorable to you can include playing your retail carts on your original firmware or another exploit that takes advantage of a retail cart. Quoted from another thread that details the updating process:

Last edited by Draxzelex, Aug 30, 2018
    Lioon2 likes this.
  3. Lioon2
    OP

Lioon2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    France
    Thanks for your help! Easier in my mind now :blush:

4. machinoman
    This message by machinoman has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 30, 2018.
    Aug 30, 2018