Hacking Questionable site

-poet-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently come across a site that is selling M3, Cyclo, R4, and various other carts at really low prices, my question is if it is real or are they scaming people

http://www.bestezbuy.com/?gclid=CJC-rpqZo5MCFQoRswodzwi-ng

i am looking for a card that has decent size with removable SD cards, that can handle SNES and DS games,

with fairly decent compatibility,

if anyone can offer some advice about the site, and or carts to purchase then i would appreciate it,

then one i've been considering is the Cyclo DS only because it supports SNES and DS rom's,

anyway

thank you

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if it is legit, it is in the US. that means it will probably be shut down pretty fast once nintendo finds out and the stock of stuff is confiscated and destroyed as illegal contraband by the police.

You can order something cheap from them to find out if they are legit.

You can also use site review sites to find out if the site is good, bad, scam, etc.

-poet-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankx guys i appreciate it and ill look into that

any suggestions on the cart itself
ive been reading reviews on cards but im really unsure which one would be the best to emulate both gba, snes, and ds?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for "gba emulation" the best choices are M3 real full package(GBA-ram package)
or the latest EZ-flash(V i think) with 3in1.
you must always get a slot-2 GBA-ram device to run gba games.

and those 2 come with (optional) GBA-ram device and have software to use it built-in.
but the EZ-flash 3in1 can be used with almost any slot1 device if you use GBA exploader.

for DS/snes there isn't really a "best" card.
all slot1's run DS games fine, and run glitchy snes games using a homebrew emulator.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
trikon000 said:
even if it is legit, it is in the US. that means it will probably be shut down pretty fast once nintendo finds out and the stock of stuff is confiscated and destroyed as illegal contraband by the police.

You can order something cheap from them to find out if they are legit.

You can also use site review sites to find out if the site is good, bad, scam, etc.

flash kits are not illegal to buy, own and operate. it is only illegal to have copies of roms that you do not own the original cart for. if you are promoting the illegal use of a flash kit and selling roms along with them, then that would be illegal.

-another world

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've purchased 3 CycloDS Evos from realhotstuff.com, and I'm very happy with them. The cards are great, as well as the website. Type in the savings code SAVES and get an additional 5% discount. They have the Cyclo cheaper than anyone else I've found.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
In the US it is. you want to tell that to all the sellers located in the US when they got raided.

Um Nope no it is not illegal to own/operate/Sell
Depending on how you label the devices If you label them saying to download and play commercial rom's/games of course its gonna draw negative attention to the device Not to mention "encouraging Copyright infringement"

This goes back to the VHS Recorder / CD-Burner / DVD Burner

Same principle other than the Propitiatory Cart

And 99% Of cop's could care less about this crap
Hell one cop friend of mine burns dvds for me

And Nintendo screwed themselves on the emulator front by copyrighting there's

Can't be illegal if there is a copyright on it

Text of Copyright
Images from Copyright

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then name at least 3 US sellers that are still in business selling flash carts older than 1 year.

study hall? thats almost 30 years ago for me. your the one that needs to grow up.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty fake, so try theses sites:
realhotstuff.com
dealextreme.com

And even if its legit, it will be shut down, and if u buy from it, you will be questioned because it is illegal.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
then name at least 3 US sellers that are still in business selling flash carts older than 1 year.

Jandaman
Realhotstuff

2 of the best US sellers that have been around for quite a while

Sure there are more i missed but those 2 were after searching for 5 seconds

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what?
I'm not gonna argue with a stubborn Idiot that doesn't even have the slightest hint on how copyright work's.

And for your information NO Location was ever raided, And the only thing that got that into your little 5'yr old head. Was the rumor that the R4 factory got shutdown.

And despite Nintendo's pretty good Hand Held System's, Nintendo won't/cant do jack about the flash card site's/store's/hardware. Because the fact of the matter the retailer's/manufacturer's can easily claim Ignorance/"It's Purpose is for home brew", And since I cant find a single copyright for Nintendo's cart design there screwed!

Now mod chip's Are a different story since there circumventing protection.

-poet-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
op here

um hey

i appreciate all the info but im pretty sure the useful info has already been given and this pissing contest can be continued on another forum

thank you for all of your help

=)

D

Deleted User

Jack-Of-Trades said:
You know what?
I'm not gonna argue with a stubborn Idiot that doesn't even have the slightest hint on how copyright work's.

And for your information NO Location was ever raided, And the only thing that got that into your little 5'yr old head. Was the rumor that the R4 factory got shutdown.

And despite Nintendo's pretty good Hand Held System's, Nintendo won't/cant do jack about the flash card site's/store's/hardware. Because the fact of the matter the retailer's/manufacturer's can easily claim Ignorance/"It's Purpose is for home brew", And since I cant find a single copyright for Nintendo's cart design there screwed!

Now mod chip's Are a different story since there circumventing protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16