question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by darkriku197, Nov 11, 2008.

Nov 11, 2008

question. by darkriku197 at 10:09 PM (624 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. darkriku197
    OP

Newcomer darkriku197 Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't played me wii for anything other than brawl for the past couple of months, so im kind of out of the loop. Its the release date for TOS2 and im trying to get ready for when the iso is out.

Can i just update from any game or is there firmware out that bricks wiis?

and this doesnt need an answer but how long does it usually take from release date until an iso is out on the net?

2. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    1. If you want to use the backup loader just do not update

2. well sometimes the iso is out some days before release sometimes it takes some days ... but i assume such a title that anyone wants will be dumped in the next hours ...

3. darkriku197
    OP

Newcomer darkriku197 Advanced Member

United States
    well what im asking is, is there any risk to updating with the current firmware? (besides the obvious of updating with a different region).

4. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    considering your signature states you have a D2ckey then you shouldnt have a issue with loaders..

however the latest updates from the nintendo servers post 23/10/08 block the installing of .wads

there is a fix for this but best not to update.

5. deervark

Member deervark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It just makes things more difficult, and there is an indirect risk - you might botch the process to undo the signing bugfix and there are always risks when installing/uninstalling non-nintendo code. if you are determined to update there are ways to do it without going through nintendo, i believe there are download packs around here that contain what you need.