Question with USBloader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kirah, May 1, 2010.

May 1, 2010

Question with USBloader GX by Kirah at 2:09 AM (670 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Kirah
    OP

Newcomer Kirah Member

United States
    So I just downloaded and im trying out USBloader GX, with my 300 GB external HD.

Whenever I plug the USB HD into the wii, USBloader GX reformats it, then when I plug it into my computer (to put the ISO files back on the USB HD), my computer needs to reformat it.

Its a cycle that im confused how to work out, I have ISO files for Mario Kart Wii and some other games because my disks dont work, and im trying to get them onto the USB HD and play them on the Wii but with all this formatting I cant -_-

any help is appreciated!

2. TheRevolution1

Newcomer TheRevolution1 Newbie

Brazil
    Your wii is probably formatting it to WBFS which your computer cant read without using one of the backup managers. I would just format it to fat32 on your computer, that way it will work easily with both.

3. Kirah
    OP

Newcomer Kirah Member

United States
    Thanks, thats probally a better idea haha.

I downloaded WBFS Manager 2.5 to help out, but for some reason it does not like my HD, failing to see its even there or somthing.

So im using Killdisk to clear it (ugh, taking over 5 hours for a 300gb USB HD -_-) then im going to use partition magic to do a fat32, and see if it will recognize it then and let me partition it to WBFS so I can use the whole drive.