Question with R4

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dAVID_, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Does it?

1. No

2. Yeah

3. Chinese assholes

4. I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dAVID_
    OP

dAVID_ GBATemp Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    So, i got YSMenu on my R4 Gold Pro (came inside a Dual Core box), but, i have to boot YSmenu.nds every time, does the time-bomb kernel prevent me from booting it? (i know it's probably a time bomb kernel bc it's a ''2017 Edition'' which means it'll stop working in 2018).

2. Sonic0509

Sonic0509 Sometimes I'm Maryushi3

Feb 1, 2008
    Poland
    Poland
    The time-bomb kernel would tell you to replace the card even before you'd see the GUI. However, you can replace the R4.dat file with YSmenu.nds almost directly by hex-editing it. This way you'll never encounter such problem :)
    Instructions how you can do it yourself are here, and in this post someone uploaded an already edited file.

3. dAVID_
    OP

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Thank you, kind sir.

4. dAVID_
    OP

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Time-bomb defused!

5. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    The only thing about YSmenu is if you are running dsiware enhanced games such as pokemon black/white,they have freeze glitches and save bugs.What you should do is have YSmenu set as your primary on the .dat file and run your regular roms through that,but set the date back and run your stock kernel as a .nds file so you can still run the dsiware enhanced games.

6. dAVID_
    OP

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Well, i copied the R4.dat and YSMenu loaded as my primary kernel. You mean the console's date?

7. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Yes but only when you need to play a dsiware enhanced game.Thats the only reason you will want to still boot into your stock kernel as a .nds file.All other roms that don't use dsiware have no issues running off ysmenu so if you don't want to play a dsiware enhanced game you can simply keep the date on your console normal.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Mar 27, 2017
  8. dAVID_
    OP

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Well, i'll have to use some other calendar application.