Question with OoThax and Other Saves

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bboy5452, May 30, 2017.

1. Bboy5452
    OP

Bboy5452 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    Hello. I was wondering whether or not I would still be able to play Ocarina of Time 3D on slot 2 or 3 on my 3DS. I have the OoThax save file in slot 1, and it's my only entry point to homebrew. That being said, I HAVE to keep it there in order to keep with homebrew. Otherwise, I no longer can access it. Is there a way I can make a new save file in one of the other two slots and play the game normally? All help is greatly appreciated!

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you should be able to

on a 2nd 3ds that runs homebrew
    i backed up the slot-1 save for OOT (a full clear save that make MQ unlocked) with a save manger homebrew (svdt)
    deleted all the saves with the in game save delete saves boot up command
    installed the oothax (on the 2nd 3ds that runs homebrew) to slot 3 save
    restored the baked up slot-1 save
    works and MQ is unlocked
    hax runs as well when pick normal game and hax save slot

Last edited by Ryupower, May 30, 2017
  3. Bboy5452
    OP

Bboy5452 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    I don't have a 2nd 3ds or know what MQ is. Is there a way to make it so I can play on the other slots without using seperate cartridges or 3ds'?

4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    MQ=master quest (
    it unlocks after you beat the normal OOT

5. Bboy5452
    OP

Bboy5452 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    Well, I still do not have a 2nd 3DS. On that matter, my OoT cartridge only has the OoThax save file in slot 1, meaning I have no other saves in the other slots at the current time. I want to know if I can use the other slots without getting a seperate 3DS or getting a new cartridge of the game.