[Question] Want to buy a New 3ds XL, Need help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by The3dsBatsnake, Jan 13, 2017.

1. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I will try to keep this short and thanks in advance to any responses.

I want to buy a New 3DS XL to play downloaded games like I used to in my old PSP back in the days. I know that if I buy it, it will most likely come with the latest firmware etc. I want to know all I need to buy in order to do this, and what process should I take. I started trying to read up, but got a little confused on my options. I just want to download games and play and how much it's going to cost me. I saw that you need some flash cards or something. I also saw that I needed to open up the console and solder some things?
    Please any help towards my goal of (buying a New 3Ds XL, --> do some stuff --> be able to play downloaded games on it) would be appreciated.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You can download pirated software after completing the guide on here: https://3ds.guide it will work for any version, essentially including the latest (being 11.2)

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    You could take the easy route--buy a modded 3ds from someone on gbatemp. You could also use the firmware guide to see if you can get 9.+ FW and IPS.

4. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You are so lucky to join at the new golden era of 3DS scene. Every console is hackable without purchasing additional stuffs and even on the lastest Firmware.
    The hacking process is safe and detailed down to steps. Don't buy prehacked overpriced consoles.

Last edited by windhazard, Jan 13, 2017
  5. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    So essentially I can purchase a New 3DS XL, follow : https://3ds.guide and be able to download and play the fire emblem games?

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Absolutely:) using CIAngel/freeShop :)

7. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Wow that sounds great, I will stop by after work and buy myself a New 3DS XL.

BIG thanks to everyone for the replies.

proflayton123 likes this.
  8. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Ok so I am out of the office, gonna head to the store in about an hour or two. One last question, ia there a way for me to better my chances to get an IPS screen? Anything I should be looking for?

9. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ask if you can turn it on, then check for IPS screen. If anything, I suggest getting one online on amazon or ebay so you can return it if it's not IPS.

10. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    well are you in US? Let us know which store has them in stock :P

11. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Im in US.Well I got home and started checking the usual stores best buy, gamestop, toysrus, target and apparently they are not available for pickup. Am I missing something? Are New 3ds xl rare now? I would think since its nintendos main handheld it would be everywhere and available.

12. munchy_cool

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    yes sir, they have been rare since before Thanksgiving ..started by the $99 3ds new mario edition and then everything sold out ..has been sold out for over a month now ..check eBay for scalper prices ..

13. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    I drove further than I think I shouldve, and still no luck. Oh well, that was a bummer.

14. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    LOL, call the stores next time....

15. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Just make sure you don't go online if you download custom roms .. Not sure what your plan with Fire Emblems is but the re-translated, uncensored and undubbed version is much better than the vanilla - but go online with such a game and the ban hammer will strike.

If you're just looking to play vanilla games then install Freeshop once you're done with the guide and acquire your games with that.

Last edited by Distrance, Jan 14, 2017
  16. mockanter

mockanter Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Dude I had to pay 160$ for a 2ds because there was none in stock ANYWHERE.. it came with 2 games tho.. (it was a mom and pap shop)

17. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
  18. munchy_cool

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    H1B1Esquire likes this.
  19. The3dsBatsnake
    OP

The3dsBatsnake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    I did call the local ones, then this one target 45 mins away said ok we have 1 left in red. I forgot to take the name of the employee, and when I got there two other employees said they put it back out, and it sold. I really didn't argue cause at that point what the heck, nothing to be done.

Last edited by The3dsBatsnake, Jan 14, 2017
  20. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @The3dsBatsnake
    Try craigslist on the East coast, in PA I found a few. N.J. has some, but N.Y. has ebay prices. It's better than driving.