1. RiZe

OP RiZe Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the Wii U scene and I'd just like a small explanation of how things work.

I've done the web exploit to my 5.5.4E wiiu, from looking around that's not a full exploit?
    So far, only installed mocha CFW and WUP installer (from watching Ultimate Wii U Modding Guide 2019) but I've stopped here just to get a better understanding of how things work.
    All I want to do is fill up my wiiu with a bunch of nintendo games on my external HDD, from Wiiu to using the vWii, gamecube games and the vitual console games.
    What I feel like I should be asking is, do I need to spend £15 on a nintendo shop card for a DS game for the full expoilt or is the web exploit enough for me?
    Hopefully I can get a good understanding of this as the noob guide seemed quite fragmented of info.

Thanks!

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

Germany
    You can do everything you want to do with the browser exploit. It's just not very convenient to do so.
    Using Haxchi (the CFW bundled with the DS VC exploit) makes it way easier and more comfortable to start a custom firmware. The DS Virtual Console game shouldn't cost £15 tho. More like £5.

What you need to know is that whenever you want to play a game you installed with WUP Installer, you will need to do so from a Custom Firmware (Haxchi or Mocha) so it's all about convenience and if it matters to you how long it takes to boot up the custom firmware from a cold boot.

I would recommend getting a compatible DS game from the eShop and install CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi). Then you will automatically always boot into CFW when you power on your Wii U :)

3. RiZe

OP RiZe Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I would do the DS game expoit, it's just do I want to spend the money? Since the wii u doesn't support credit card for payment anymore. So that'll be £15 for a shop card for a minimum £6.29 game. I guess I'll just have to. and I can't really complain either lol.
    Thanks for the info.

4. Badablek

Badablek GBAtemp Fan

France
    Hi @RiZe you can also :
    1. use your Nintendo account on any web browser on your computer/smartphone.
    2. buy the game at the exact price with your credit card (or paypal) from Nintendo's website
    3. use your account on your Wii U to download the game from eshop
    4. profit
    Credit card doesn't work anymore on the console itself, not on Nintendo's website ;)

Last edited by Badablek, Feb 23, 2020
    alexander1970 likes this.
  5. RiZe

OP RiZe Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    oooh, Thank you I'll do that.

Will doing this expoilt after the web exploit affect anything?

6. Badablek

Badablek GBAtemp Fan

France
    Nintendo does not really care anymore of the Wii U...maybe some logs will show what you already did on it ?

You only have to be online 1 minute to download the game, don't know if it's really "dangerous"
    BTW Last week, I hacked two Wii U full of eshop games with DVD tickets, I was able to download updates without a problem.

Should be worth a try, I think :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Understanding, [Question], exploits