noreason4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

since the SX Pro Stealth Mode seems to be a custom DNS Solution and I changed my DNS settings for „lan play“ am I right in thinking that my switch is now banned? I mean I really don’t care as I see no advantage in an unbanned switch that you won’t connect to the internet anyway to prevent a ban so.. yeah.. but I would like to know if I disabled the SX Stealth Mode by changing the DNS settings in system settings.

One bonus question:

I am on firmware 6.2 and installed my dump of Bomberman. Even before changing the DNS settings and with stealth mode on I got the „there is an update for this game available“ nag. How is this possible? Does the switch firmware contain information on available updates for every game on the market or did the Stealth Mode simply not work ;)?

Thx!

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all!

SX OS stealth mode prevents the switch from contacting Nintendo. The lan play dns /90 DNS method does the same thing, except it works by telling the switch that nintendo’s Servers IP is different than what it actually is.

Together they both make a relatively safe online experience. However you should hopefully have a clean band backup JIC ;).

noreason4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool sounds great! Yes, I got a clean NAND Backup :)

I still wonder why Bomberman was able to give me the Update available nag..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up