Hacking question regarding psp backup henkaku

Omer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello , I'm on 6.0 firmware and running henkaku but I connected to the net and tried to update henkaku but I opened the psn store instead of the browser by mistake and a message appear that I needed to update in order to enter the store so I freaked out and turned off the wifi . Now I want to format both my memory card and my vita to make sure that no updates installed in the back scene but I have 2 psp games and don't want to lose them . Is backing up my vita with content manager will back up the update process too or I will be safe to just copying my psp games to my pc only ?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hello , I'm on 6.0 firmware and running henkaku but I connected to the net and tried to update henkaku but I opened the psn store instead of the browser by mistake and a message appear that I needed to update in order to enter the store so I freaked out and turned off the wifi . Now I want to format both my memory card and my vita to make sure that no updates installed in the back scene but I have 2 psp games and don't want to lose them . Is backing up my vita with content manager will back up the update process too or I will be safe to just copying my psp games to my pc only ?
Don't worry, your Vita did not download nor install anything. You can enable wi-fi without worries, the system will never ever install updates without asking you (just make you you disabled "download system updates automatically" in the system settings). Formatting both your Vita and your mem card will give you needless trouble.
As for your question, you can backup your Vita with QCMA (not the official CMA) by enabling "offline mode" in QCMA settings, and by rebooting your Vita with Flight mode enabled. And if you format your Vita, you'll need to activate it with your PSN account in order to play your games. (But as I said, don't format, it's useless)

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,
Reactions: Shadowfied

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, your Vita did not download nor install anything. You can enable wi-fi without worries, the system will never ever install updates without asking you (just make you you disabled "download system updates automatically" in the system settings)

It would be interesting to find out where Vita stores the updates it downloads, and if you could just delete it with filezilla. Mine has downloaded the update, but, as you say, it won't install it until I tell it too, so it's not a big issue.

Reactions: Omer

Omer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, your Vita did not download nor install anything. You can enable wi-fi without worries, the system will never ever install updates without asking you (just make you you disabled "download system updates automatically" in the system settings). Formatting both your Vita and your mem card will give you needless trouble.
As for your question, you can backup your Vita with QCMA (not the official CMA) by enabling "offline mode" in QCMA settings, and by rebooting your Vita in Flight mode. And if you format your Vita, you'll need to activate it with your PSN account in order to play your games. (But as I said, don't format, it's useless)
Ok that's reassuring but regarding QCMA , I used it just today to transfer a large vpk game but I forgot to put my vita in flight mode ! is that bad ?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Ok that's reassuring but regarding QCMA , I used it just today to transfer a large vpk game but I forgot to put my vita in flight mode ! is that bad ?
Absolutely not! I just told you to do that because if HENkaku isn't enabled (or if the spoofing is patched in the future), the Vita will ask you to update. But if it worked, then you don't have to worry about anything :)

Reactions: Omer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1