question regarding psp backup henkaku

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Omer, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Hello , I'm on 6.0 firmware and running henkaku but I connected to the net and tried to update henkaku but I opened the psn store instead of the browser by mistake and a message appear that I needed to update in order to enter the store so I freaked out and turned off the wifi . Now I want to format both my memory card and my vita to make sure that no updates installed in the back scene but I have 2 psp games and don't want to lose them . Is backing up my vita with content manager will back up the update process too or I will be safe to just copying my psp games to my pc only ?

2. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Don't worry, your Vita did not download nor install anything. You can enable wi-fi without worries, the system will never ever install updates without asking you (just make you you disabled "download system updates automatically" in the system settings). Formatting both your Vita and your mem card will give you needless trouble.
    As for your question, you can backup your Vita with QCMA (not the official CMA) by enabling "offline mode" in QCMA settings, and by rebooting your Vita with Flight mode enabled. And if you format your Vita, you'll need to activate it with your PSN account in order to play your games. (But as I said, don't format, it's useless)

Last edited by TheKawaiiDesu, Sep 1, 2016
    Shadowfied likes this.
  3. Graham182

Graham182 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2015
    Droichead Na Bandon, Cork, Ireland
    It would be interesting to find out where Vita stores the updates it downloads, and if you could just delete it with filezilla. Mine has downloaded the update, but, as you say, it won't install it until I tell it too, so it's not a big issue.

Omer likes this.
  4. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Ok that's reassuring but regarding QCMA , I used it just today to transfer a large vpk game but I forgot to put my vita in flight mode ! is that bad ?

5. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Absolutely not! I just told you to do that because if HENkaku isn't enabled (or if the spoofing is patched in the future), the Vita will ask you to update. But if it worked, then you don't have to worry about anything :)

Omer likes this.
  6. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    do you know which folder?

7. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    I think the update files are located in ud0: PSP2UPDATE/, correct me if im wrong !