Hacking Question regarding Glitch Chips and NAND Programmers...

M1ghty_boy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to a choice between a Matrix and a coolrunner, which one would be better for a jasper? I've seen people say they're both about the same, but surely theres some kind of difference between them? Like which ones easier to use? Which one has better success rates?

And also, I've been looking at NAND-Xs and JR-Programmer V2s for some time, and cant help but notice how much they cost in comparison to a glitch chip, which are basically worth peanuts by now. Is there any reason for this? And is there any reason people go for NAND-X over JR-Programmer despite it being more expensive?

Thanks for the help (and please be nice, im new)

Reactions: HollowGrams

M1ghty_boy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Coolrunner or Ace chips.
Those are the best.

Get a JR Programmer, it has options to debug the bootsequence to fine tune your glitch cycles.
Both hardware is well supported in JRunner.

im guessing i probably wont get good results using old stuff like a jr-programmer on my AMD based Windows 10 64 bit pc, both based off experience with very delicate utilities that rely on USB controller and other posts on this site. So should I prepare a win7 32 bit install on another PC? or can I use the software on linux? I happen to have linux on a USB

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never gotten around to test it on Win 10, if you're a bit smart with computers I'm pretty sure you can get it to work.
Otherwise just do a quick and dirty Win 7 install, perhaps virtual box might work?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to a choice between a Matrix and a coolrunner, which one would be better for a jasper? I've seen people say they're both about the same, but surely theres some kind of difference between them? Like which ones easier to use? Which one has better success rates?

And also, I've been looking at NAND-Xs and JR-Programmer V2s for some time, and cant help but notice how much they cost in comparison to a glitch chip, which are basically worth peanuts by now. Is there any reason for this? And is there any reason people go for NAND-X over JR-Programmer despite it being more expensive?

Thanks for the help (and please be nice, im new)

Thousands of RGH later and only use - Ace3, Matrix, Coolrunner - Matrix with Oscillator works on all models. ACE can be picky with some RGH 1.2 where CR and Matrix usually instaboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol