Question regarding EZ Flash IV

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Vestrill, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Vestrill
    OP

Vestrill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    Hey guys

I want to get this but do not want to sit with the tedious battery problem. I will be playing through a DS Lite, is there a way to create a save file through the firmware on the flashcard and save and load on that through the DS Lite instead of relying on the battery to keep your savedata in game?

Also I have an R4i Gold Flash Card, it cannot play GBA games because it requires a cart in the second slot. Assuming the answer to the first question is no, is it possible to use the EZ Flash IV as a second slot cart and run games through the R4i?

Thanks in advance

2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    I'm not sure, but even when using a Supercard DSTwo and the EZ Flash 3-in-1, you need to rely on the built in battery of the cart to store your save before you can back it up onto the DSTwo once you restart. It's just a few seconds, but if your battery is dead, that's enough time for the save to disappear. By the way, what is the battery problem you mentioned? Is yours dead? Do you suspect it will die soon? I don't know what the inside of a EZFIV looks like, but on the 3-in-1 at least, battery replacement doesn't seem like too much of a hassle. Even still, I've never had mine die.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    1) No. Closest you will get to that is with the everdrive which does not use battery backed RAM, or maybe a really old flash cart that stores everything in SRAM at all times rather than bouncing it between SRAM and NAND. Is it really such a great issue?

2) EZ4 specifically? Technically yes but the program to do it has a nasty habit of bricking the EZ4, or at least bricking it from booting standalone. You can use something like the 3 in 1 all day long though.