Question regarding CFWs and linked NNIDs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheJorsh, Nov 12, 2016.

1. TheJorsh
    OP

TheJorsh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    United States
    Hey guys, quick question that searching wasn't able to pull up an answer for.
    I used to have a N3DSXL with a decent amount of legit, paid-for games and apps on it, but I sold it before downgrading became possible. I'm about to get another N3DSXL that's on firmware 10.5 so I can downgrade it and get on CFW and whatnot, but I'd still like to have my original NNID with all of my paid-for games and the same friend list as before linked to this new system.
    IIRC when I call Nintendo and ask them to re-link my stuff to this new system, I have to update my system before they can re-link everything so I get access to all my stuff again.
    Is there a way to avoid updating but still get my account back?
    What if I go through with the downgrade process ahead of time and then call Nintendo?
    Would it be possible to block updates and still access online features to get all my stuff back?
    Sorry I'm not particularly well versed in this stuff. It's been a while since I've messed with any of it and a lot seems to have changed since. Thanks for any help!