Question regarding 333MHz CPU Speed. (Recovery Menu + CwCheat)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ryudo, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ryudo
    OP

Newcomer Ryudo Member

Netherlands
    In CFW 6.60 Pro-C Fix3, you can go to the Recovery Menu to set the CPU/Bus Speed of games to 333 MHz.

All fine and dandy, but when I go into CWCheat menu, it shows the game is still running at 222MHz. Could it be that CWCheat overrides the setting you put in the Recovery Menu, or is it running in 333 after all, and CWCheat just doesn't pick it up?

Some confirmation on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The frequency is set at boot time and you may change it with CWCheat in real-time as far as I know - the 222MHz is merely a default value of CWCheat... but to check that, try accepting that option - there should be a brief moment of slowdown if the stepping indeed changes. If it doesn't, it means that CWCheat did override the CFW Menu setting. CFW settings take the priority but everything depends on whether or not CWCheat applies its settings when it starts.

3. Ryudo
    OP

Newcomer Ryudo Member

Netherlands
    Yeah. I want to give it a try, because originally I was always using CWCheat to set it to 333, but then I found the option in the Recovery Menu as well.

So I set the CWCheat option back to "0" (Default), but then it starts the game up afterwards and states it's running at 222MHz instead of 333MHz when setting it manually.

4. PureMagic

Newcomer PureMagic Member

Brazil
    Pro CFW fakes the CPU speed info to bypass an anti-piracy measure;
    Some games (Tekken 6, for instance) check if the CPU is at 222Mhz when the game is boot (the check is actually more complicated than that, but you get the idea).
    So Pro CFW lies to the game, making it think it is running on 222Mhz. ME firmware doesn't do this AFAIK, so Tekken only works with the CPU speed set to Default.