Gaming question re save files

DemonDSi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, im new to all the PSP hacking/mods etc and just got my PSP flashed. so when i got ot play a game/backup it ask me to make a save so i do but it stay at making a save file! do i need to make a save file and add that to the memory card or am i doing somthing wrong! please help

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No - the save file should be made automatically, however some games will hang or say the memory stick is not big enough, then you need to have the game on a 1GB or 2GB stick - larger sticks cause this problem.

What software are you up to, the latest CFW is 5.00 M33-06

Once completed the firmware downgrade and upgrade - have you formatted your memory stick, otherwise it will not have the folder to put the save into

DarkPacMan77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, DemonDSi! This seems to be that you are out of memory on your memory card, but that also seems unlikely as well. What backup are you trying to use? What model PSP do you have? What type of memory card do you have (make/ model) and what custom firmware are you on currently?

As Kittymat says, formatting the memory stick will create the folder for SAVEDATA, but if you'd ever formatted the memory stick before, that folder should already be where it needs to be. Alternatively, be warned, as formatting will delete all data on your memory stick so take precaution to backup necessary files first!

The second idea that come to mind about your problem is that you may have a fake memory card or a larger capacity (and slower) Sony brand memory card. Do you have another memory card you can test with or a friend who has a memory stick from say, Sandisk? Sometimes Sony cards have slower read/ write speeds, especially the higher capacity ones (4gb+) and that can lead to poor emulation for homebrew that need to load often like Nintendo 64, PS1, and PSP game backups.

If you're unable to be helped in this forum further, I encourage you to click the picture in my signature. You'll be taken to PSPBrew.com - where people are more specialized in this sort of thing.

-DarkPacMan77-

DemonDSi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i am using a 8GB memory card.
for software i have no idea as i got it flashed today in a store in my town the game in question is the new x-men origine game, if i got a save file form some were else do you think this will work?

EDIT: in the sytem setings iv got 5.00 M33-06

EDIT, iv got other games to work but not x-men,

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its the raw dump of xmen wolverine there is a bat fix for this - it comes with the iso on some sites - i suggest you get it again from somewhere else

DarkPacMan77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an 8gb Sony card, you may experience issues with certain homebrew/ iso loading because they are generally slower than other brands. Like Kittymat says though, look online for the .bat fix for the game. If that doesn't fix it, then it might just be one game that you aren't able to play because of the memory card.

-DarkPacMan77-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.