Question - "R4" Deluxe MicroSD DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by elm, Nov 10, 2008.

Nov 10, 2008

Question - "R4" Deluxe MicroSD DS by elm at 12:26 AM (2,343 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi everyone.... just wanted to ask about the R4 Deluxe (link below) I just read that this is a fake but I ordered one for a friend, is it still worth it?

I have the Simply M3 ds card which I find very easy to use, I wanted to get one for a friend but noone seems to carry the Simply M3 anymore. Is the R4 Deluxe card simple and easy to use, any good or bad input would be great.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15947

Thanks again

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Ugh.... You know what? I've said this so many times, it lost all it's meaning.......

First of all, the real R4 and the M3 Simply has been stopped in production, which means you'll never find a genuine "new" R4/M3 Simply.

Second of all, you're buying a horrible clone of the R4, which won't get any updates, whatsoever. It's a terrible card, and you're wasting money. Go get something like an EDGE, DSTT, or Acekard 2. They're cheap as those fakes, but they're million times better in every aspect.

Buying anything R4 related marks you as an idiot.

Thanks.

3. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    that "r4" is a fake. even if it was real, it's not worth it. get a acekard 2, dstt, cyclods, fuck anythin except for r4. (and i have a r4, so don't call me a hater)

4. elm
    OP

Member elm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the heads up.... i went ahead and cancelled my order for the R4 Deluxe. I bought a DSTT from DXDeals.

Thanks Elm

5. jozsua_cruz

Newcomer jozsua_cruz Advanced Member

Canada
    I just wanted to say that why are you people hate r4 so much?? I mean I have an r4 it works perfectly fine to me....im just sayin so please dont swear...

6. jessicarabbit

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    There is no more support for the R4 and there won't be any more updates. Some newer games don't work on it or they have to be patched. I think the hate is due to so many people who come here and announce that they're buying a new R4 for the first time or asking advice about buying the R4.

7. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    1- There are more clones of it than real ones
    2- If you will buy one new now, you WILL get a fake
    3- More and more games are not working on it
    4- Its cheaper to get a better card
    5- Every second thread here is about some newcomers problems with their fake R4 [​IMG]

8. Edragon

Member Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ic... Im so out date.. so they will not have anymore update.. how sad.. Well it last me almost one year already so it is ok..