Question on a Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SoundHyp, Jan 10, 2012.

Jan 10, 2012

Question on a Loader by SoundHyp at 6:26 PM (290 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SoundHyp
    OP

Newcomer SoundHyp Newbie

United States
    I've been out of the Wii Scene for a while. Only just got back into it, last thing I really remember being big was UNEEK/SNEEK + DI. My question is; is there a loader out there that shows the games as their channel previews. I know I can have my Wii do this if I install the channel WAD's(which is no big deal), but I was thinking it'd be really cool if there was a loader that read this off the Disc Image. If not, I'll go get on Crap and make me some WAD's. Since I'd been gone for awhile, figured I'd ask, I haven't seen anything, but that doesn't mean something isn't just evading me or is maybe in development.

Edit: I know WiiFlow will pull the music from the preview when you select a game, was just wonder if there was any way to get a loader that does visual or get WiiFlow to do visual.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    No that's not possible :P That would be so damn hard to code because you somehow need to rebuild the system menu.

3. SoundHyp
    OP

Newcomer SoundHyp Newbie

United States
    Alright, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure since I believe USB Loader GX also pulls the music. Didn't know if it would be that much harder to pull the preview. Thanks for the nice response by the way.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yeah the music is not the problem because it's a simple audio file in the game always on the same point, it can be played. The preview thing works via a special format type written by nintendo which reads in some xml-like file which contains what to do, that's the problem, you would need to fully know how this file work, what the commands are and today you can't even edit it completely with a PC.

5. SoundHyp
    OP

Newcomer SoundHyp Newbie

United States
    Well, here's to hoping then. I think it'd be a really neat feature, I think I can live with WiiFlow for now though. *sarcasm* I'll have to manage somehow