Hacking [QUESTION] Have the been any bans in sm4sh using texture hacks online?

aidotato5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten a ban yet, and I've been using pirated DLC (CSS hacks) and custom music, so I think that texture hacks would be safe as well.

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Texture hacks over the default 8 slots will work perfectly fine on For Glory etc.

Added texture slots will obviously desync you from the opponent and disconnect you but won't get you banned, and additionally they work ok with friends who have the same mod packs. No one has reported getting banned for excessive desyncs but I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it either

Most stuff in Smash 4 is handled clientside. The only things that you could expect to be banned for are things that would somehow effect another player (i.e. you edit the memory midmatch to have an endless stream of Master Balls on For Glory)

Last edited by nhb,

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added texture slots will obviously desync you from the opponent and disconnect you but won't get you banned, and additionally they work ok with friends who have the same mod packs. No one has reported getting banned for excessive desyncs but I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it either
This is untrue. Added texture slots will show up to other players as the default costume online, meaning that they work perfectly fine.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is untrue. Added texture slots will show up to other players as the default costume online, meaning that they work perfectly fine.

Oh, really! Is that like a uhh, a texture ID issue, because that might be a whole different problem that should be avoided anyway. Either way I guess I still got stuff to poke around at

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Conansboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't be banned for anything cosmetic, the only thing that will raise any flags is changes in gameplay. Skins, music, and even model swaps are either undetectable or perfectly harmless.
Smash is also surprisingly well rigged with a ton of failsafes. Like CryastalForce said, going beyond the 8 normal skins is likewise harmless, as the game knows to fall back on defaults in most cases when alternate files aren't found.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say if you are missing a CSP on a character, will it resort back to default? If so, I'm set on hacking Sm4sh!
If you are replacing a costume with a modded one, the CSP will be the default one for that costume unless you replace it.
If you add a costume on an extra slot without a CSP, they will appear as blank on the CSS, although they still function fine ingame.

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some messing around last night, I'll mention this too: if you DO have the correct CSPs and stuff for a new extra slot, if you go back to a vanilla, modless version, in replays or statistics (like Multi-Man Smash records) featuring that extra skin, it'll default to the character's first skin, just like how it works for players online who don't have the extra skins.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can't be banned for anything cosmetic, the only thing that will raise any flags is changes in gameplay. Skins, music, and even model swaps are either undetectable or perfectly harmless.
Smash is also surprisingly well rigged with a ton of failsafes. Like CryastalForce said, going beyond the 8 normal skins is likewise harmless, as the game knows to fall back on defaults in most cases when alternate files aren't found.
Just wait for the inevitable nude ZSS.

Reactions: N7Kopper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...