[QUESTION] Have the been any bans in sm4sh using texture hacks online?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Journeysl898, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Journeysl898
    OP

Journeysl898 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    as the title says

2. aidotato5

aidotato5 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    I haven't gotten a ban yet, and I've been using pirated DLC (CSS hacks) and custom music, so I think that texture hacks would be safe as well.

3. nhb

nhb Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2016
    United States
    Texture hacks over the default 8 slots will work perfectly fine on For Glory etc.

Added texture slots will obviously desync you from the opponent and disconnect you but won't get you banned, and additionally they work ok with friends who have the same mod packs. No one has reported getting banned for excessive desyncs but I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it either

Most stuff in Smash 4 is handled clientside. The only things that you could expect to be banned for are things that would somehow effect another player (i.e. you edit the memory midmatch to have an endless stream of Master Balls on For Glory)

Last edited by nhb, Jun 6, 2016
  4. CrystalForce

CrystalForce I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.

Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    This is untrue. Added texture slots will show up to other players as the default costume online, meaning that they work perfectly fine.

NWPlayer123 likes this.
  5. nhb

nhb Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2016
    United States
    Oh, really! Is that like a uhh, a texture ID issue, because that might be a whole different problem that should be avoided anyway. Either way I guess I still got stuff to poke around at

NWPlayer123 likes this.
  6. Conansboy

Conansboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    United States
    Uncharted Island (Help)
    You can't be banned for anything cosmetic, the only thing that will raise any flags is changes in gameplay. Skins, music, and even model swaps are either undetectable or perfectly harmless.
    Smash is also surprisingly well rigged with a ton of failsafes. Like CryastalForce said, going beyond the 8 normal skins is likewise harmless, as the game knows to fall back on defaults in most cases when alternate files aren't found.

7. seijinshu

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Say if you are missing a CSP on a character, will it resort back to default? If so, I'm set on hacking Sm4sh!

8. CrystalForce

CrystalForce I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.

Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    If you are replacing a costume with a modded one, the CSP will be the default one for that costume unless you replace it.
    If you add a costume on an extra slot without a CSP, they will appear as blank on the CSS, although they still function fine ingame.

9. nhb

nhb Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2016
    United States
    After doing some messing around last night, I'll mention this too: if you DO have the correct CSPs and stuff for a new extra slot, if you go back to a vanilla, modless version, in replays or statistics (like Multi-Man Smash records) featuring that extra skin, it'll default to the character's first skin, just like how it works for players online who don't have the extra skins.

10. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Just wait for the inevitable nude ZSS.

N7Kopper likes this.
  11. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    And nude Shulk, Bayonetta, Ike, Marth, Lucina, and so on...

It's what some folk would do with the Pokémon that I wanna stay away from. :P

12. seijinshu

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    I'm set! I just need to add the directional air dodge.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk