Hacking Question for scone owners

APPS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My question regards the ndsgba union that the SCone can use. My understanding is tha the SC is able to link nds roms in the slot one device to gba roms in the slot 2 device.

Is that correct?

Also some other questions:

Can any slot 2 device be used or just supercards?

If anyone owns an M3/R4 can they do this function?

More specifically, and about any slot 1 card, if anyone is a pokemon fan, can you tell me if its possible to transfer your pokemon across games ( this wasnt possible with the slot two solutions)?

Again about any slot 1 card, is it possible to trade pokemon atall, either by wifi or the global trade centre? (again this wasnt possible with the slot two solutions)

Cheers for any help you can give me!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna add to that line of questioning:

- Can you send games (via DS Download) to an unflashed DS in order to do some multiplayer? If it's not a possibility now [on the SCOne] is it simply a matter of time before it is added into a firmware update? Can any other Slot-1 devices currently send out download play to unflashed DS's?

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Trading Pokemon does work either to another flash cart or real DS game card. Wi-Fi works in Diamond and Pearl. DS download play is more than just a firmware upgrade. If download play dosen't work in a certain game now, it never will. The R4/M3 have better DS Download play support than the SCDS (One).

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The R4/M3 have better DS Download play support than the SCDS (One).

If thats the case, then SCone's download play support must be totally dire because R4/M3 download play support is very poor.
The M3/R4 doesnt support download play on most games, even when sending to another flashed DS, the M3 SD and SCSD both have superior download play support to either the R4 or M3 Simply.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh noes! It appears that I am screwed either way...
frown.gif

NeroMayCry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What games are you talking about specifically? Like I said, I haven't had a single game fail yet, and I've tried quite a few.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going for a thread derail here and I am not too sure I can pull it back at the last minute:
Am I the only one who read that as question for scone owners?

A scone:
Scone.jpg

Edit
1) I am glad this is the internet as it avoids the how do you pronounce it debacle.

2) new avatar perhaps:
avattempms2.jpg

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The R4/M3 have better DS Download play support than the SCDS (One).

If thats the case, then SCone's download play support must be totally dire because R4/M3 download play support is very poor.
The M3/R4 doesnt support download play on most games, even when sending to another flashed DS, the M3 SD and SCSD both have superior download play support to either the R4 or M3 Simply.

It was my understanding that if you sent a "download play" game to a flashed DS (Flashme V7), every game will work regardless of what backup unit you had. Is this not true?

kenfrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there has never been a problem with download play between flashed ds lites. The issue here is download play between one that is, and another that isnt'.

And right now, m3/r4/scds all have the same download play compatibility.

APPS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Going for a thread derail here and I am not too sure I can pull it back at the last minute:
Am I the only one who read that as question for scone owners?

A scone:
Scone.jpg

when i posted this i KNEW someone would bring that up
smile.gif
Ah well... kudos for the cat advert avatar by the way, it was for some sort of milkshake wasnt it? I wonder if they still sell those...

Oh and H8TR, does your post refer just to the SC1 or the R4 aswell (also if you knew the one about whether the RSE-DP trade can work rom-rom)?

To [M]artin, i think the m3real is supposed to have full compatibility.

Cheers for your help everyone!

monkeymachine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeh, I'm having problems linking the top of the scone to the jam. Every time I run it the jam seems to connect to the kitchen benchtop instead.

Are R4 owners also getting overheating issues? My tongue is still burning from chomping down on a scone that's been running too long.

--
..k, that was terrible i know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?