Question for New 3DS owners.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xenon Hacks, May 1, 2015.

1. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    When you opened the box could you immediately turn on the console or did the battery need to be inserted and charged.

2. Doumekxkai

Doumekxkai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2014
    I turned on the console inmediatly after taking out the box. The battery was installed.

3. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    As said ^.
    I think i had a 70% charge on mines. It was about 3 bars.

4. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    Same here, battery was installed. I think I had to charge it, though. But I can't really remember for sure. It might have had some charge in it

5. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Buying a new 3ds with the correct serial number want to check it while i'm in the store, wish me luck :P

6. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

You will need to go through system setup first to even get to the system settings version. Make sure to system format if you sit through all of that.

7. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah you're gonna need a few minutes to click through setup. Good luck!

8. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Good news the first one I bought was a black QW4021 on Version 9.4-U so Immediately returned it while in the store and got a red unit QW1023 on 9.0-U :P
    the setup menu is less than a minute to get past by the way.

hippy dave likes this.
  9. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    All electronics will be charged to 50%. Don't be fooled even if it says its at 100% let it charge for a maximum of 8 hours. We aren't using nickle in batteries anymore but its still not good for a lithium battery to be pretty much at any other charge than 50% unless you run it down every couple of days.

nxwing likes this.
  10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Batteries are always charged from the factory, because li-ion/li-poly batteries don't like being completely discharged as it can shorten the battery life.
    Sometimes when batteries sit around for a while without being charged before the device is sold, they can become discharged (potentially hurting the battery life), but they would have to sit around for a long time for that, and the n3DS is still new, so it's safe to say all n3DS batteries will have a decent amount of charge on them out of the box.