[Question] Does 5.4.0 Auto Update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ScarletDreamz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Hello guys, i just purchased a 5.4.0 [Currently Shipping], and i wanted to ask, not planning to go online, i got an extra PC with xampp already hosted + a custom launcher I made, however, i went to Nintendo website and i found This info , so, is it possible to just deactivate Updates? or is Tubehax necessary + blocking the IP tables / Domains.

2. Voxel

Voxel *Witty Title*

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, Tubehax + Update blocking is still necessary. Updates don't come under the 'automatic software downloads' setting. They are still automatically downloaded even with the setting off. :(

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    If you ordered it the odds are a ordered wii u doesn't have internet at your house, so you should probably be fine. Just block updates with tubehax, and possibly the router.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  4. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Alright, thank you!

Yeah, it wont have internet at my house lol, however, i was wonder, if i EVER want to use YouTube, i was afraid that having it online, will auto update, but Voxel confirmed that 'automatic software downloads' settings, don't include the WiiU updates.

That's all, i wish i could close my own questions.

Voxel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice