[Question] Does 5.4.0 Auto Update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ScarletDreamz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Hello guys, i just purchased a 5.4.0 [Currently Shipping], and i wanted to ask, not planning to go online, i got an extra PC with xampp already hosted + a custom launcher I made, however, i went to Nintendo website and i found This info , so, is it possible to just deactivate Updates? or is Tubehax necessary + blocking the IP tables / Domains.

2. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Yeah, Tubehax + Update blocking is still necessary. Updates don't come under the 'automatic software downloads' setting. They are still automatically downloaded even with the setting off. :(

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    If you ordered it the odds are a ordered wii u doesn't have internet at your house, so you should probably be fine. Just block updates with tubehax, and possibly the router.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  4. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Alright, thank you!

Yeah, it wont have internet at my house lol, however, i was wonder, if i EVER want to use YouTube, i was afraid that having it online, will auto update, but Voxel confirmed that 'automatic software downloads' settings, don't include the WiiU updates.

That's all, i wish i could close my own questions.

Voxel likes this.