Homebrew [QUESTION] Could we trick 3DS system update to downlod other content, then downgrade?

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
If I recall correctly, you can't do that since 8.x or 9.x, they changed the certificates or something along those lines. That's why that's a method used to upgrade from 8.x to 9.2.

Certificates are stored on ClCertA system title. It's easy to obtain them and replace with new ones to do MITM relay :)

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Certificates are stored on ClCertA system title. It's easy to obtain them and replace with new ones to do MITM relay :)

Huh. I haven't explored that much, so I'll take your word for it. But then, why hasn't anyone got working on that? It seems kinda weird to ignore the first obvious solution for custom upgrades.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I haven't explored that much, so I'll take your word for it. But then, why hasn't anyone got working on that? It seems kinda weird to ignore the first obvious solution for custom upgrades.

Huh this means you can make a Downgrade from 10.4 on Soft Mod?

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country

Because as I have seen if you try to download a system title of an old version Nintendo SOAP says... 401 Forbidden.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There's still the issue of downgrade prevention. The 3ds checks title versions after they've downloaded and disallows a lower title replacement.

Reactions: Uziskull

david_keen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As they say, the problem is not fake the console, the big problem is that when the console download and try to install the fake update, will check signature and other app checks and see that ur fake update is that... a fake.

And dont install, u could even get stuck in a brick loop, because if u make that always that try to update, u use a fake update and cant be installed, u just can recovery with a update so if u cant update...

loop brick.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
As they say, the problem is not fake the console, the big problem is that when the console download and try to install the fake update, will check signature and other app checks and see that ur fake update is that... a fake.

And dont install, u could even get stuck in a brick loop, because if u make that always that try to update, u use a fake update and cant be installed, u just can recovery with a update so if u cant update...

loop brick.
sorry buddy but that is not the problem.
we would not have to break any signatures of updates, this is not the problem :)
even if we did edit the tmd to trick into downgrading instead of upgrading, untouched legit tickets would still exist on the system from the previous newer update so this should not be a problem

david_keen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry buddy but that is not the problem.
we would not have to break any signatures of updates, this is not the problem :)
even if we did edit the tmd to trick into downgrading instead of upgrading, untouched legit tickets would still exist on the system from the previous newer update so this should not be a problem

Anyway is just the same, for app checks or for legit tickets, the answer is that we cant fully fake a update actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1