[Question] Changes made with savedata manager + ACNL Editor not permanent

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by brekki, Oct 9, 2015.

1. brekki
    OP

brekki Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    chicago
    I found out yesterday that I could use homebrew + ACNL save editor to restore the patches of worn down grass in my town back to normal.

In short, this works BUT the changes are only temporary and my grass goes back to being dead when the town resets at 6. (I've heard there are permanent dead spots but I have far too many dirt patches for them to all be permanent.)

I'm using Tubehax on an old 3DS XL running 10.1.0. When I run the save data tool and select Animal Crossing, the screen has glitched every single time however my save data does appear on the card when I insert it into my computer and the changes do get applied in game, they just don't last.

Does anyone have any idea if this problem is related to the save data manager, and if so, what can I do to try and fix it so that the grass stays alive?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Mmm... more details please?

3. brekki
    OP

brekki Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    chicago
    Heh not sure what else to say.. using a digital, purchased copy of ACNL, have tried editing with both the browser and desktop editors, grass is the only thing I've changed/tried to change and it always reverts back to its dead state at 6 (whether that rolls around naturally or I TT)

4. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I think this happens because of the new "grassifier" method

Also, when you apply a save (if you want to edit more) make sure you to delete old dumped save files from the sd card and backup the newest save

5. brekki
    OP

brekki Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    chicago
    Is there any way to access an older version of the "grassifier" method or another way to regrow the grass using a homebrew-related method?
    I think I've tried deleting the old dumped save files and backing up again but I'm not sure, I'll try that now.

Edit: Just found this thread dedicated to the NLSE (so new to this I'm sorry!) and this post seems to be related? http://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-leaf-save-editor.382965/page-169#post-5683510

Last edited by brekki, Oct 9, 2015
  6. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I dont think so... :(