CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it makes the game exciting again, having to befriend all your villagers again.

Not... not really, no. For me, at least. My point is hopefully there will be a feature to edit villager friendships and have what I had before the update -- all my villagers acknowledging my character and pinging a lot. Now they're all boring... :/

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Not... not really, no. For me, at least. My point is hopefully there will be a feature to edit villager friendships and have what I had before the update -- all my villagers acknowledging my character and pinging a lot. Now they're all boring... :/
The code for defaulting data has not changed. I checked it and does exactly the same edits in an older version, even NLSE does the same.

So I guess it was just luck.

EDIT: Or maybe you used the previous 1.0 RC1, which had a bug with villager default data. It's fixed now, make sure you are using the latest version.

Last edited by marc_max,

EmmBee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the fill grass option. It doesn't seem to work at all, but then I noticed if I enter and exit my train station it does fill in the grass, but only for that acre. The rest of the town stays normal. I redid almost my whole map, and moved a lot of buildings, so I have huge patches of desert, like where my river used to run, or my town hall was. Is that just stuck like that for good? Or could the code for the grass option be buggy? The fact that it works for the station acre makes me think there's some connection to the code coming from LeafTools, which did require entering and exiting the train station, IIRC?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the fill grass option. It doesn't seem to work at all, but then I noticed if I enter and exit my train station it does fill in the grass, but only for that acre. The rest of the town stays normal. I redid almost my whole map, and moved a lot of buildings, so I have huge patches of desert, like where my river used to run, or my town hall was. Is that just stuck like that for good? Or could the code for the grass option be buggy? The fact that it works for the station acre makes me think there's some connection to the code coming from LeafTools, which did require entering and exiting the train station, IIRC?
towns have certain predetermined "bald spots" where grass will never be. leaf tools was able to COMPLETELY fill in grass (even bald spots) but only for that day, as the next day the bald spots would return.

when using NLSE, I've found that it only fills in grass where it's been worn away. either by running or building/PWP placement. it doesn't fill in bald spots.
(again this is just what I've found)

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The code for defaulting data has not changed. I checked it and does exactly the same edits in an older version, even NLSE does the same.

EDIT: Or maybe you used the previous 1.0 RC1, which had a bug with villager default data. It's fixed now, make sure you are using the latest version.
Oh... aww. Darn.
Well, will your editor or NLSE ever have a feature for editing villager data even further? Like their greetings, interior and friendships. That would be incredibly helpful! ^_^

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey marc! i'm using the program version of NLSE and when I changed my residents/mayor names and town name, there are some instances where it doesnt show the changed version

i also don't get mail anymore? ive ordered loads of things and had a villager move but no mail

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey marc! i'm using the program version of NLSE and when I changed my residents/mayor names and town name, there are some instances where it doesnt show the changed version

i also don't get mail anymore? ive ordered loads of things and had a villager move but no mail
You can change it back to the original town name with the Web Editor, save, then change it to the town name you desire.

Alternatively, just do the same steps with the latest NLSE (NLSE is my creation and not marc's :))

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
towns have certain predetermined "bald spots" where grass will never be. leaf tools was able to COMPLETELY fill in grass (even bald spots) but only for that day, as the next day the bald spots would return.

when using NLSE, I've found that it only fills in grass where it's been worn away. either by running or building/PWP placement. it doesn't fill in bald spots.
(again this is just what I've found)
Yeah, filling grass is not well documented. I took code from LeafTools but noticed it was overwriting some bytes that may be not related to grass wear, so I decided to half length. I'm going to play with it now, since I did not test the option and results.

Anyway, grass will grow in-game (slowly though) where the buildings were.

Is it possible to add an amount of medals editor? Thank You!
Oh... aww. Darn.
Well, will your editor or NLSE ever have a feature for editing villager data even further? Like their greetings, interior and friendships. That would be incredibly helpful! ^_^
Yes, it's definitely possible, but I don't have time to look into savegame structure for those features, sorry :-(

You can change it back to the original town name with the Web Editor, save, then change it to the town name you desire.

Alternatively, just do the same steps with the latest NLSE (NLSE is my creation and not marc's :))
As Kaphotics said, NLSE is not my work.

Anyway, if you change your name or gender, you are also changing your Player ID. That means you will become a new player: all your patterns won't be yours anymore, you will act as a stranger (you won't be able to send letters, etc.) and there may probably be even worse secondary effects, be careful.

It can be fixed the same way we fixed the building roof colors: look for all player ID instances and replace them before saving if needed :-)

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't notice an option to do so with the Web Editor (unless you're referring to one different than marc's)

do you have a download to the latest NLSE program? ; o;

As Kaphotics said, NLSE is not my work.

Anyway, if you change your name or gender, you are also changing your Player ID. That means you will become a new player: all your patterns won't be yours anymore, you will act as a stranger (you won't be able to send letters, etc.) and there may probably be even worse secondary effects, be careful.

It can be fixed the same way we fixed the building roof colors: look for all player ID instances and replace them before saving if needed :-)

what's the offset for player ID?

when I first changed my name, my villagers still knew me, strangely. my patterns weren't mine anymore but since they were in my Able Sister's shop it didn't really affect me. I haven't gotten mail at all though.

only after recovering a ""corrupt"" save file (NAND error) did my villagers not know who I was.

edit: if I sent either of you my save file (before AND after name change) would you be able to fix it? ; A; I've tried but it corrupts my file every time.

edit 2: I've changed my Mayor's and town's names back to what they were before and i now receive mail (it doesnt bother me that my other two characters dont get mail, they're pattern and item mules) but i don't want to risk changing my name in hex for fear that it wont work out.

Last edited by regigiygas,

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been on gbatemp for a while--i read the thread but it's so long i can't figure out-- I have a 4.5 o3ds on gateway emunand 9.2 with an original ancl cart ... is it possible to use my savedatafiler via gateway emunand to edit my save? i read somewhere no but not sure... i think the other option is using rxtools emunand ? i've been out of the loop so its my first time hearing about rxtools : P

if anyone can enlighten me thanks in advance : )

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't been on gbatemp for a while--i read the thread but it's so long i can't figure out-- I have a 4.5 o3ds on gateway emunand 9.2 with an original ancl cart ... is it possible to use my savedatafiler via gateway emunand to edit my save? i read somewhere no but not sure... i think the other option is using rxtools emunand ? i've been out of the loop so its my first time hearing about rxtools : P

if anyone can enlighten me thanks in advance : )
You can't use your regular cart in Gateway mode I believe, but you can extract your save with Savedatefiler using rxTools. Simply put the rxtools files on your SD card, boot into rxmode emunand using your web browser, and run savedatafiler. That's literally how easy it is :)

Reactions: jayetyler

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use your regular cart in Gateway mode I believe, but you can extract your save with Savedatefiler using rxTools. Simply put the rxtools files on your SD card, boot into rxmode emunand using your web browser, and run savedatafiler. That's literally how easy it is :)

Thanks for the info! I'll try it tonight : )

Reactions: samiam144

neko00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey Marc, first of all, thanks for your hard work, the editor is awesome and it has been greatly helpful for the past months. I do have a question, tho. Do you think it could be possible to implement a tool/option for a full catalogue in the web editor, like, the 'unblock all PWPs' one? thanks in advance!

Reactions: CeIIophane

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, my PWPs won't show up when I add them in the normal way.

when I go to place them with Isabelle, things go fine, but if I save & continue after she leaves, the little marked off area & Loid are gone, however there's still an invisible wall where they were.

same thing if I go inside a building: Loid gone; invisible wall.

but if I save & quit, then reload my game, aforementioned wall is gone and so is everything else (marked off area, etc).
it's like i'd never even placed a PWP.

I remember there being a fix to this but I can't remember what? could someone help?

Sarawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am going CRAZY here, I have tried again and again to dump my save doing the EXACT thing the guide tells me to under the "How to dump and inject AC:NL savegame through RAM hacking"

Yes I have an old 3DSXL, I am running 9.2 atm and I have a cartridge version of AC:NL (America)

Every time I do it, no green screen appears, it just crashes and says "An error has occured" but when I place my SD card into my PC, I cannot find the file that is suppose to be made ANYWHERE. I can't do TubeHax etc because I don't have them on the DS, and I don't want to upgrade!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I am going CRAZY here, I have tried again and again to dump my save doing the EXACT thing the guide tells me to under the "How to dump and inject AC:NL savegame through RAM hacking"

Yes I have an old 3DSXL, I am running 9.2 atm and I have a cartridge version of AC:NL (America)

Every time I do it, no green screen appears, it just crashes and says "An error has occured" but when I place my SD card into my PC, I cannot find the file that is suppose to be made ANYWHERE. I can't do TubeHax etc because I don't have them on the DS, and I don't want to upgrade!
Which 9.2.0-x version do you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1