Gaming [Question] Can the Motorstorm Apocalypse Vehicles be unlocked with modding ways like the Hex Editor?

Manuel_Dust23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi there, I've been collecting All Motorstorm Games that were released for PS3, I'm not sure If you remember these arcade racing game series but I have to say the Motorstorm games are really cool to play, I liked the variety of the Vehicles on the three releases and on the Motorstorm Apocalypse version there are 13 different vehicle categories with some unlockeable vehicles, but the bad thing is that they can only be unlocked through the online service and I thought the servers from this game were shut down but seems like they returned some time ago.

The vehicles are supposed to be unlocked doing Part and Weekly challenges from the Online service and I can't see too much people playing this game in 2018, and there's a really rare supercar that is given to the best racers, also known as the special supercar "Italia Tauromachia", actually really hard to get, here's a pic from this vehicle:

latest

So, today I'd like to know If could be possible to unlock All vehicles with some modding ways like with the Hex Editor, I remember that I used the Hex Editor to unlock All DLC and secrets cars for Split/Second Velocity from Xbox 360, I was able to get the 55 vehicles and even the Pre-order ones because the cars are like keys to access to the extra contents that are already on the game's database, so I think this could be possible to do with Motorstorm Apocalypse too

Edit: The Project was completed a long time ago, so now this can be closed, thank you!

Last edited by Manuel_Dust23,
Reactions: Codemastershock

Amenhotep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DLC vehicles are fairly easy to get if you look for the dlc pkg's online

But I have not found any solution for getting the vehicle unlocks

So for the first time for me, I tried some save game hex editing using the save file from thetechgame.com, but so far I've only been able to make the part challenge progress go down instead of up

edit: apparently having a facebook account is required for game content preservation; a facebook group has the savefile though I can't access facebook https://motorstorm.fandom.com/f/p/3464906657497627379

Last edited by Amenhotep,
Reactions: Manuel_Dust23

freakashoni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CEX firmware ps3 so I think I could spend 10 hours of my time trying to rewrite the code if I got a ps3 dev kit from someone its feasible but a lot of time has to be put into it the code I'm writing right now could sync the dev kit with the jailbroken ps3 possibly allowing me to get into the code of the specific game and change the code on the game allowing me to basically add docs and stuff like that kind of like owning the franchise and do whatever you want with the game it would have to be disk though and only applies to the modded disk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1