Hacking Question: can I system transfer from a stock 11.4 n3DS XL to a Luma 11.4 n3DS LL?

utingme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, been a lurker for a while and finally have a question that I think isn't answered already.

I have a stock n3DS on 11.4 and read that it's practically locked unless I find another 3ds that already has CFW on it. So, I bought a cool, blue n3DS LL on eBay that's already Luma'd up on 11.4 (though being an LL it's in Japanese). I'm wondering if it's possible to safely system transfer from my stock n3DS to this Luma n3DS LL so I can keep my streetpasses, etc., and also to region change the LL based on the Plailect super guide.

Outside of a few threads I've read here on GBATemp, I read in the guide Things that ARE and ARE NOT safe to do with A9LH+CFW that it's safe to: System Transfer to/from a CFW'd 3DS (you will lose illegitimate tickets software and DLC, so use FBI to reinstall the tickets), but it doesn't mention stock 3DS transfers.

But I also saw this Tutorial: system transfer from one 3ds to cfw 3ds. Though it's from Just over a year ago, so I'm not sure if it's outdated b/c for some reason.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this? I'm mostly concerned about somehow messing up the n3DS LL that I just bought and whether I should try to region change it first or if performing the system transfer will automatically shift the region from Japan to USA.

I understand that I should probably backup the microSD of each of the devices first. But any other warnings or guidance are totally welcome!

utingme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks okay, yeah I read something along those lines about needing to be from the same region. Is there any way to check the LL regarding this? I'll probably go check the 3ds.guide.com region changing guide for the LL and then try and find out more if I can do this stock to cfw system transfer without messing things up.

utingme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got around to attempting this after updating my a9lh blue JPN LL to b9s following Plailect's guide. Since everything is basically formatted, I then followed Plailect's region-changing guide and switched from JPN to USA. All seems fine and all, but I run into the same issue as many others do when I get to the system transfer/eshop access stage. I guess the LL's previous owner did access the eshop, which doesn't help my quest here, and I'm hit with the 007-2001 issue of barred access to the eshop.

Which also means I cannot purchase a dsiware title to hack my 11.4 stock n3ds US XL :(

I read through these bits more:
- https://gbatemp.net/threads/007-2001-error-code-at-eshop-following-region-change.456603/
- https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/798
- https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5mecnx/eshop_access_work_around_for_region_changed_n3ds/
- Yifan's method was a bit complex for me and also requires the second 3ds to be clean--with no NNID, which my red XL already has
But the issue is that I don't have another JPN 3ds handy to transfer to, in order to wipe off my b9s LL and get it to fully switch to US region.

Just an update; not sure if I'm going to give up or not. But, if you happen to have ideas or comments, I'd be happy to try something!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: