question bout xlink kai

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by anthony001, Aug 3, 2010.

Aug 3, 2010

question bout xlink kai by anthony001 at 4:46 PM (853 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. anthony001
    OP

Member anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    i heard that xlink kai lets us play online using our lan. what additional hardware is required to let us play online using xlink kai? i only have a calble that lets me connect to my laptop. can anyone elaborate further the things i should know before trying this out?

2. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    What games would you be looking to play on it? Because the compatibility list is very limited.

I saw it and was like "cool! I'll spend a few hours setting it up." Then I saw this and went "ah fuck it. No Dissidia or Peace Walker?"

3. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Either a router (for all games) or a usb cable (for limited games).
    Still, the USB route is good for MHFU :3

4. melvox

Member melvox GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    There's a plugin that let's you play adhoc via USB that you can use. The setup is a bit confusing on my part so I'm sticking with a USB Wifi Adapter to play on xlink kai. If you got some cash to burn, I suggest going to CD-R King p're. I bought mine there. It's about 650.00 Php - (LP-8187E) Wireless Lan USB 2.0 Adapter. Browse their website. You can check it there.

5. Yanazake

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I went to that site you mentioned, and no luck finding that adapter~
    Anyway, I want to try that usb plugin...

But more important,What are the available options to get any online interaction without a ps3 or a router?

I know there is X-Link Kai, but the support list is very small and a lot of them may be glitchy - SPECIALLY WITH A SLOW CONNECTION.

Seriously, the best option seem to be an usb wifi point generator, using your connection. Ignoring X-Link Kai also, what are the options? I'm sure I saw something for about $20 on DealExtreme, but people say it's hard to config for windows 7. I wonder if there isn't a better one.