Hacking question bout wiikey v1 and connecting to wi-fi?

sid4975

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did some searching and all the topics i found seemed to be from around 2007 lol.

my brother has one of the original wii's with a first generation wiikey v1 in it. which still seems to play most games. hes never used the wi-fi, but now he wants to know if he can go online with it to use netflix on the wii.

also would i be better off just taking out the chip and softmoding it?

im sorry if this is an old topic, but like i said the only answers were from 2007

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sid4975 said:
i did some searching and all the topics i found seemed to be from around 2007 lol.

my brother has one of the original wii's with a first generation wiikey v1 in it. which still seems to play most games. hes never used the wi-fi, but now he wants to know if he can go online with it to use netflix on the wii.
If it's available in his area sure, why not. Wiikey has no ill effect on online game play or wifi capabilities.

also would i be better off just taking out the chip and softmoding it? no don't take it out. It's safer to just keep it in case of banner bricks or minor bricks of the sort, you can run a trucha disc to recover. It's not hurting anything, plus compatibility may be better when a backup/game is burnt to disc depending on the iso.

im sorry if this is an old topic, but like i said the only answers were from 2007

electrico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sid4975 said:

also would i be better off just taking out the chip and softmoding it?

No problem to connect onlineyour wii if you have wiikey v1.It's undetactable as i know.. i have also wiikey v1 pal and i enjoy a lot of games.But if you make the update 4.2which is needed to have access to wii shop channel, know that the nintendo region system have changed and you won't be able to play other region games.only yours.
Softmod will be deleted from the update so you have to start all the procedure over again .
I never had homebrew etc. because all i want is to play wii and gc games which is a lot.
I play mario kart online ,conduit , and other online games without a problem as i said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0