Hardware Question about Zelda Edition Gamepad

DarkJediRey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently changed the front piece of the gamepad housing to a Zelda WW one i got from ebay. The fit is nice and it looks good, but I was wondering how much mine differs from an official limited edition. Never seen one in person, but pics online show the buttons also have gold/yellow accents. Mine are white, like the dpad xyab etc. Does anyone have one that can answer this for me? Thx

DarkJediRey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for clearing that up, it's hard to see in the pics online. wonder if there is anywhere out there that sells just the buttons. looks like the home button, xyab, +/-, and dpad are all yellow accents, but shoulders are white?! i was sent the shoulder buttons with white text.
also, for anyone attempting this mod, it's pretty straightforward, but those tiny ribbon cables are a PITA!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for clearing that up, it's hard to see in the pics online. wonder if there is anywhere out there that sells just the buttons. looks like the home button, xyab, +/-, and dpad are all yellow accents, but shoulders are white?! i was sent the shoulder buttons with white text.
also, for anyone attempting this mod, it's pretty straightforward, but those tiny ribbon cables are a PITA!
Fairly certain the shoulder buttons are yellow accents too, but I'm not looking at mine right now

DarkJediRey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question:
If I buy the Zelda Gamepad, how would I sync it with the console? Just like the Wii Remote / U Pro?
yeah, i think so. worst case, you might have to delete the pairings in settings.

but this thread was about modding the gamepad to look like the zelda one. i simply swapped the internals of my standard black gamepad onto the new face. i used a teardown video on youtube and just loaded the zelda face i bought. it looks pretty sweet, although some of the buttons' text is white instead of gold. still a cool mod that cost less than $20 total for the piece and a triwing screwdriver.
if anyone has a lead on the right replacement button set, i'd be very grateful!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?