Hacking Question about xenoblade chronicles.

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IS there a chance that it doesnt use that much more extra power from the 3ds and it can actually run on original 3ds thru flashcard maybe patching something?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IS there a chance that it doesnt use that much more extra power from the 3ds and it can actually run on original 3ds thru flashcard maybe patching something?

Yes, I am developing a patch that emulates 128MB of additional RAM.
You can apply the patch several times and turn your 3DS into an HPC server.
Hmmm... I should sell this patch.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online videos of 3DS gameplay never do the game justice. It almost always looks way better when playing the game on the actual handheld.

Missing the point but I'll say it, they dumbdown the graphics on the 3ds handheld there is a major difference.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Missing the point but I'll say it, they dumbdown the graphics on the 3ds handheld there is a major difference.

Yes, that is true, textures specially looked washed in the Wii, now they look more like shaded almost texture less polygons.
Anyway, I don't find the texture ultra-washing so bad, there is another problem that I find more... annoying.
When you walk in the world map it is so pixelated that you miss many gameplay relevant features in the (not so far) distance.
Also, the grass is... so scarce... did they use defoliants for the game port?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is true, textures specially looked washed in the Wii, now they look more like shaded almost texture less polygons.
Anyway, I don't find the texture ultra-washing so bad, there is another problem that I find more... annoying.
When you walk in the world map it is so pixelated that you miss many gameplay relevant features in the (not so far) distance.
Also, the grass is... so scarce... did they use defoliants for the game port?

Its kinda hard to see that far in the world map with a small screen, compared to a 32" led screen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Its kinda hard to see that far in the world map with a small screen, compared to a 32" led screen.
Why would you need to?
Yep, that is part of the problem. The game was not developed to be played in a small screen.
The size of the screen does not affect field of view. The objects in the distance are smaller in physical size, sure, but they're also completely harmless to you, so that doesn't really matter.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
some ppl already have the game.
listen to the 8-4play podcast of last friday for instance.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would you need to?
The size of the screen does not affect field of view. The objects in the distance are smaller, sure, but they're also completely harmless to you, so that doesn't really matter.

Yes, it does not affect the field of view, but it affect the possibility of seeing something.
Actually, in this case, I find more of a problem the actual resolution, and not so much the size.
There are many features that in the original game you could clearly see in the far distance and kind of recognize, and they made you want to explore that weird thing (I find that part of the charm of Xenoblade).
That is lost because of resolution, now, just instead of let's say 20x20 pixels of better rendered recognizable image, you get the same in a 10x10 zone with poor quality that makes it difficult to recognize.
The size can also be a problem, when it is too small for your eyes to actually recognize things, but in this case it is a resolution problem.
Oh, whatever, I tried to write my point in a clear way, but I think the text came out horrible... I hope it is understandable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb