Gaming Question about updating

teteexxfile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm a complete noob when it comes to the wii. I bought a used one a while back and all I want to do it watch netflix. I can't update because of error 32004 and did some googling and found out that when I turn it on and hold reset this white screen comes up with a bunch of options. I guess the previous owner hacked it and I cant update it. I saw that if I try to update it then my wii can be damaged beyond repair. I'm not sure if im posting this in the right space I just want to watch netflix haha

teteexxfile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the actual wii page theres just the system basic channels. If I hold reset when I turn it on theres a bunch of options on a white screen

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
On the actual wii page theres just the system basic channels. If I hold reset when I turn it on theres a bunch of options on a white screen
You might want to install the HBC then. It's awesome. I suggest you get a 1-2GB SD card for a few bucks and do a complete rehack of your Wii with ModMii. You'll get media players, backup loaders, custom themes, and more!

teteexxfile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I found an SD card and downloaded that modwii thing you gave me. Its downloading something onto my SD card i think. How do I get HBC or whatever from here? I just want netflix lmao

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I found an SD card and downloaded that modwii thing you gave me. Its downloading something onto my SD card i think. How do I get HBC or whatever from here? I just want netflix lmao
Choose the ModMii Wizard and answer the questions to generate a custom guide to hack your Wii. That should include updating your Shop Channel.

teteexxfile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so when I turn on my wii it goes to the bootmii thing and when I select homebrew channel the screen just goes black. Any suggestions?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
did i miss something here . Did the OP just want a wii with netflix but had discovered he had priiloader with online updates blocked ?

why didnt he removed the online block hack in priiloader and update his wii ,, ?

I know it wouldnt be hacked , but this wasnt the Q .. or am i missing something ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...