Homebrew Question about Upcoming "slowhax"

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded by new 3ds to 11.2 without realizing there was a upcoming hax that allowed for downgrading. My question is, If my friend still has a 3ds with the firmware 11.1, Could I essentially Get his 3ds with custom firmware and then use his to downgrade mine?

D

Deleted-379826

I upgraded by new 3ds to 11.2 without realizing there was a upcoming hax that allowed for downgrading. My question is, If my friend still has a 3ds with the firmware 11.1, Could I essentially Get his 3ds with custom firmware and then use his to downgrade mine?
Yes, yes you can.

Reactions: DarkRioru

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so essentially when "slowhax" comes out and I have the cfw installed on my friends system(probably meaning I buy the game on that 3ds), Do I just buy the game on his sysnand and then do all the steps?

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Ok so essentially when "slowhax" comes out and I have the cfw installed on my friends system(probably meaning I buy the game on that 3ds), Do I just buy the game on his sysnand and then do all the steps?
Well if his 3ds is CFW there is an exploit that is already out that involves 2 3ds. Slowhax is if you cannot get access to a CFW system!

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any word on how soon this is coming out?

No clue :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well if his 3ds is CFW there is an exploit that is already out that involves 2 3ds. Slowhax is if you cannot get access to a CFW system!

Yes so when I use slowhax to get his 3ds to 9.2(His firmware is 11.0 and mine is 11.2) and install cfw, Do I then buy fieldrunners on his 3ds with the neccesarry files (Spoof the firmware to 11.2) and then use system transfer to get it on my 3ds? If so, should he buy the game on the emunand or sysnand.

Last edited by TheMagicMan,
D

Deleted-379826

No clue :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes so when I use slowhax to get his 3ds to 9.2(His firmware is 11.0 and mine is 11.2) and install cfw, Do I then buy fieldrunners on his 3ds with the neccesarry files (Spoof the firmware to 11.2) and then use system transfer to get it on my 3ds? If so, should he buy the game on the emunand or sysnand.
That's exactly right! Also if he follows the guide to the word he won't need/have an emunand. He can just make a backup of the sysnand and restore after the transfer :P

D

Deleted-379826

Ok so then his system wouldn't really be effected and mine would be on cfw?
The only thing affected would be in Nintendo's eyes his NNID belongs on your system so you can only use it. You can call Nintendo to sort that out though!

D

Deleted-379826

So to unlink a nnid and a system you need to call nintendo? Why would they do that though?
You make up some excuse with the system transfer and how you messed up. That's what everyone does lol. I'd recommend just not mentioning hacks

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make up some excuse with the system transfer and how you messed up. That's what everyone does lol. I'd recommend just not mentioning hacks
Ok and when I downgrade if I backup the files on the sd card, I can move them back after and my stuff (Monster hunter generations specifically) will be there?

D

Deleted-379826

Ok and when I downgrade if I backup the files on the sd card, I can move them back after and my stuff (Monster hunter generations specifically) will be there?
Downgrading doesn't make you lose anything anyway :P . If you follow the guide to the letter nothing is lost!

Reactions: TheMagicMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all