Question about Universal Updater

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered you can get games/programs off of the universal updater, but the only ones I can use are .cia files. How do I open other ones?

Refills323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s games. CIA files work fine, but other I can’t find or play.
Other, as in the game you want to play is not Cia ? Is it a 3ds game or gba cz is you don’t have gbarunner on is not going to boot i believe so you’ll need an emulator. If it’s the .3dsx file should be in the hombrew launcher like this.

Attachments

• 815E7E92-1C2C-4139-B321-AAABCD79E23B.jpeg
    815E7E92-1C2C-4139-B321-AAABCD79E23B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 212

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other, as in the game you want to play is not Cia ? Is it a 3ds game or gba cz is you don’t have gbarunner on is not going to boot i believe so you’ll need an emulator. If it’s the .3dsx file should be in the hombrew launcher like this.
Mine look like that, but I don’t see the games on either. And yes, I mean flies other than CIA and they’re 3ds.

Last edited by WaterPhish,

Refills323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not loading them from my pc. I’m talking about the things you download off of Universal Updater that aren’t GBA Games or CIA fil
I’m not loading them from my pc. I’m talking about the things you download off of Universal Updater that aren’t GBA Games or CIA files.
okay? Can you tell us what you trying to install. I should be able to find it on my updater and see what you mean cz I guess I’m lost now 🤷🏽‍♂️

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Sorry if I’m being dumb, I’m new to this.

For example, the program ‘rverse’ has been downloaded. But, I can’t see it on my 3ds Home Screen.

After looking through 90% of my files on the Homebrew Launcher, I don’t see it or a way to open it.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For example, the program ‘rverse’ has been downloaded. But, I can’t see it on my 3ds Home Screen.

After looking through 90% of my files on the Homebrew Launcher, I don’t see it or a way to open it.
What file did you download for that app? If it's a cia it should install directly to the home menu, if not check the download directory of Universal Updater and install the cia file manually with FBI.

thominho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Assuming that you chose to download the file on SD card.

It's been a long time to use Universal Updater. However, check application settings it may show the download folder of such files and may differ than the 3dsx path (ex. /3ds/folder/folder.3dsx). If the path is different, try to use FBI to browse your SD card and find the file and move it to the example path i wrote down (/3ds/folder/folder.3dsx) creating the necessary folders naming them after application name (in your case rverse). If not then connect your SD card to your computer and do a little research of your card for this application.

In short all 3dsx fitles must exist on 3ds folder. I hope that i am correct but i am quite dusty because i have to use 3DS almost 3 years now.

Refills323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After looking through 90% of my files on the Homebrew Launcher, I don’t see it or a way to open it.y
Lol this is to have the Miiverse work again because it has been originally discontinued. That’s why you can find any files on hombrew or you can’t see the “rverse” on Home Screen is a framework so godmode9 but you don’t have to do anything but open the Miiverse and it should work!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol this is to have the Miiverse work again because it has been originally discontinued. That’s why you can find any files on hombrew or you can’t see the “rverse” on Home Screen is a framework so godmode9 but you don’t have to do anything but open the Miiverse and it should work!
Rverse stopped working awhile ago. Check https://miiversepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rverse and the discord link to check if it works. Im guessing ya gotta install something as that system title is only going to link back to the discontinued service unless it gets the pathways changed.

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks. I was just using that as an example, there are some other files. I think I got it, though.

KenGee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I’m not so good with this sort of thing, but trying to install some CIA files and all worked except for the Universal updater file. Any tips/directions/solutions to this? Would be greatly appreciated C’:

Attachments

• F353D241-99AD-474D-AF2D-1492C72A3CCE.jpeg
    F353D241-99AD-474D-AF2D-1492C72A3CCE.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended