Question about the Everdrive 64 x7?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might seem like kind of a dumb question but do games that run off of that flashcart run via hardware or emulation? I know you're playing it on real hardware but it is 100% like playing the game on the N64? as if it were the original cartridge or does it somehow still emulate the game through the flashcart and it could still have all the little hiccups and problems N64 emulation seems to have on emulators?

I'm all about wanting to play on the original hardware and wanna know if the everdrive for the N64 is the real deal in terms of running like their original cartridge counterparts.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way flashcarts work is that they use a SD card on them to flash a rewriteable rom on the cart that turns the cart into the game you chose. It plays the same as a real cart unless that cart had extra bits on board. But the N64 didn't have many special carts like that.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way flashcarts work is that they use a SD card on them to flash a rewriteable rom on the cart that turns the cart into the game you chose. It plays the same as a real cart unless that cart had extra bits on board. But the N64 didn't have many special carts like that.

"Extra bits" Like Resident Evil 2, Pokemon Stadium 2 etc, I know PS2 has issues running on emulators and RE2 for N64 is a pretty big game, just as an example will I have issues playing those games? Is there a compatibility list somewhere I can look at?

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol