Homebrew Question about SNES9X GX

NeilZander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to ask a few things about the SNES emulator and hope someone could help me out...

The question I have is what is the Latest version that is stable? Has Box art support,Classic Controller support and SNES classic Controller support? As well as does it have BSX-Sattleveiw and MSU-1 support? I can't find anything that is really clear about this I see all sorts of versions of this Emulator but nothing states if it's really the latest or has any of these features with it along with it? Some do have some of the info but there not entirely clear about it...

If someone could help point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it because I'm having a difficult time finding the best version out there

Last edited by NeilZander,

NeilZander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit disappointed that it seems no one is able to help with this question at all? Just wanting to know what's the latest version is according to Wii Brew it's 4.7.3 and Wiimpathy's version says 4.3.1 so I'd assume it's not the latest correct? If it is the draw back I have is no SNES classic controller support since you can hook it up to the Wii Remote but it has cover support and far as I know the official 4.7.3 build doesn't have cover support but my SNES Classic Controller works as intended can someone please help me?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Latest official version (dborth) is 4.3.7
Latest boxart mod (wiimpathy) is 4.3.1
Latest boxart mod + WiiU Pro + screenshot button (Zopenko) is 4.3.6
Latest MSU-1 mod (qwertymodo) is 4.3.7 (but it seems he does not provide already compiled binaries)

Classic controller is supported since...2008. So all official and/or mod build(s) already support Classic Controller.
And as Snes classic controller IS actually a classic controller, it works too.

[002 - July 21, 2008]
* added: classic and nunchuk support

I don't know if any of these builds support everything you want. But it seems MSU-1 mod already have Zopenko's changes (included in official dborth build last year), so you should have MSU-1 + boxart + WiiU Pro + screenshot button in one binary. Don't know for BS-X games...

I compiled MSU-1 mod some days ago, if you want to try : https://mega.nz/#!fUc0gabA!PuNODhQXANXbbtQ9PhojJXoF0xIx1tmqzkeixJomX4o
(only compiled it, didn't tried it !) EDIT : just tried it. MSU-1 games work nicely. But it seems to be 4.3.6 (my bad, I did not downloaded the latest sources...compiling 4.3.7 right now) >> Link updated with real 4.3.7 build.

Last edited by Badablek,

NeilZander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the response at least I have a bit more of an understanding of what is considered the latest with the most features reason I'm asking about the MSU-1 Support and BSX Support is to be able to play the BS Zelda game where they managed to make it have the live broadcast like feel to the game but it requires MSU-1 for that to work

I tried you're compiled MSU-1 you did and I was able to play BS Zelda properly the intro video started up and not gave a green screen thank you Badablek

NeilZander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask but this time I'm trying to help a family members son with an easy method of the emulators can I ask which has these features but also a channel Wad for easy access for them? sorry to have to ask after all the help I got last time...

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use the official forwarder's installer : https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases/download/4.3.2/Snes9x.GX.Channel.Installer.1.2.zip

readme (really important information in red) :

Prerequisites

* You must have IOS58 to use this channel. Either upgrade to System Menu 4.3,
or use the IOS58 Installer (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer)
* You must have HBC 1.0.8+ to run the installer. It is also recommended that
HBC be running under IOS58, but this is not necessary.
* This channel tries load apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol from SD or USB. You must have
Snes9x GX installed in one of these locations.

Installation Instructions

* Copy the installer files to your SD/USB device
* Launch the installer from HBC
* Click Install
* Done!

A stand alone channel is a really bad idea. Snes9xgx needs read/write permission, on an SD Card or a FAT32 partition. With a stand alone channel, you are locked on the revision that is inside the channel (and you still need read/write permissions). It's much better to use a forwarder that will load snes9xgx boot.dol binary (in sd:\apps\snes9xgx\ or hdd:\apps\snes9xgx\)

NeilZander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again Badablek I really appreciate the help this will defiantly put a smile on his face since he can't read but the pictures will at least help him and he'll get all the latest things so he can play BS Zelda if he wants or other neat features of the latest emulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: