Hacking Question about Sky3DS + headers

Sharl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just starting out in the magical world of 3DS. A friend bought me a N3DS XL, I grabbed a Sky3DS after many fruitless days of searching for a 9.2 to use with Gateway, and I snagged a couple of bigger micro SD cards for the system itself and the cart.

I saw the warnings about going online with Sky3DS and the resulting bans. I also read a tutorial on headers and how to extract/inject them. Before I go running off to buy a Powersaves just for this purpose, I have a question.

Are headers tied to a particular game title? Like I have a few legit carts and two of them come to mind as having online functionality (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and FF Theatrhythm: Curtain Call). Would headers pulled from these games allow one to safely go online with other titles via Sky3DS, or am I pretty much just going to be stuck playing offline with the games I decide to not purchase?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm just starting out in the magical world of 3DS. A friend bought me a N3DS XL, I grabbed a Sky3DS after many fruitless days of searching for a 9.2 to use with Gateway, and I snagged a couple of bigger micro SD cards for the system itself and the cart.

I saw the warnings about going online with Sky3DS and the resulting bans. I also read a tutorial on headers and how to extract/inject them. Before I go running off to buy a Powersaves just for this purpose, I have a question.

Are headers tied to a particular game title? Like I have a few legit carts and two of them come to mind as having online functionality (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and FF Theatrhythm: Curtain Call). Would headers pulled from these games allow one to safely go online with other titles via Sky3DS, or am I pretty much just going to be stuck playing offline with the games I decide to not purchase?
You can use any header from any game. (even offline only games)
The only problem you may encounter is error 002-0123 (This is not a ban)

Error 002-0123 can be fixed by changing the manufacturer of the specific game in the sky3ds template file
(Here's the steps to fix it: https://gbatemp.net/questions/do-i-need-3-headers-for-error-002-123.2391/ )

Reactions: Sharl

Sharl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent. Thanks for the help.

I suppose all that's left is to grab a Powersaves and use that tutorial here to get to work. Does Powersaves version matter, or can I grab any that work with the N3DS XL?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent. Thanks for the help.

I suppose all that's left is to grab a Powersaves and use that tutorial here to get to work. Does Powersaves version matter, or can I grab any that work with the N3DS XL?
powersaves is a USB device for the PC
3ds version is irrelevant

Buying a header is cheaper than powersaves, and keep in mind powersaves won't work for all games.
also, powersaves and powersaves pro are the exact same device, just branded for different regions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰 +1