Question about Savemii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by endoverend, Dec 28, 2014.

1. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Hey. I had a question about SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii and the recovery menu. If your Wii is on 4.3U, will savemii be useful for anything? I'm not sure if this is right, but I heard there was a certain hierarchy to the regions installed on the disc. For example, if you put in a 4.3J disc it would be considered a higher update than 4.3U and would be installed potentially saving the Wii. Do any Wii or Savemii experts know about this region hierarchy? Thanks.

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    the hierarchy is JAP<USA<PAL<KOR. (source)

i am not sure if you you can, say, use a 4.3E system menu update to fix a borked 4.3U console. mauifrog would know...i think i read a post by him somewhere that it is possible, but don't quote me on it.

i do know that for savemii to work, your system menu IOS needs to be intact. if you are presented with a black screen at boot with no health safety warning screen, then savemii will not help you.

3. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Really? Then what situation would Savemii help you in if you have Priiloader?

4. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    if you have priiloader installed, savemii(frii) isn't really all that useful. i think it was most recommended with the korean wii 003 error, which people found themselves in after updating the system menu and its IOS before reinstalling priiloader.

5. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Alright, thanks for your help.