Mikolaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

I'm rather new in the PS4 JB scene and I have a question about the PS4 files & folders structure, and identifying specific files.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I accessed my PS4 HDD content with the ftp goldhen feature and I'm trying to understand what is the purpose of these strange files named "download0.dat" and "download0_info.dat".
On the actual screenshot they are located in folder ROOT/user/download/APP_ID.

All the 7 APP_ID present folders are games/apps that I legally own (The Last of Us Remastered, Detroit Become Human, PS4 Media Player, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Collection, The Last of Us Part II). I don't know what NPXS20113 stands for. The funny thing is that not all games I own have some extra data in this "user/download" folder...

The reason why I am asking this is because I am planning to replace my actual internal HDD with a larger one. The cloning process may fail as I never did this kind of operation before. So, I may be forced to reinstall a brand new full system on my new HDD, and reinstall the games I legally own. As the access to PSN is now totally out-of-question (I have a 9.00 FW jailbroken console) I managed to copy all my games & associated original/encrypted PKGs in a safe place and I'm planning to reinstall them later. In that case reactivating my personal account on the new system may cause me headaches, but let's assume I can achieve it (I think I saw a tutorial somewhere on this forum) and let's assume I can reinstall all the personal PKGs I previously exported, will I miss something if I don't care about the strange *.dat files that we just talked about?

Attachments

• PS4 Files & Folders Structure.png
    PS4 Files & Folders Structure.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 276

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
user/download is where psn downloads content before installation. that npxs folder is one of the default apps, so maybe a default app got updated or something.

Mikolaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
user/download is where psn downloads content before installation. that npxs folder is one of the default apps, so maybe a default app got updated or something.
You mean that theses *.dat files might be some kind of delta PKGs for the latest associated games/apps updates ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. delta packages I think are named after the delta log that's created when you modify them. I have no idea how it knows that it's been modified though. I doubt you'd get a delta package in there tbh.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you were wondering my fellow jailbreakers. The actual correct answer since we want to be able to backup our fpkg is to simply use the traditional sony backup and restore under system while hen is running to a usb drive. Not only will this restore to the same internal hd but to a different one in the event of a hardware failure. I have proven and done this MANY TIMES on the way to a 30tb collection...

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same. I would like to know this too. Does the DB backup payload backup everything including the user profile and trophies?
Since I swapped out internal and external HDD for one big SSD, I couldn't really make use of the backup, made one though in case something goes wrong and I have to revert the setup.
What worked was copying all of /user/home/xxxxxxxx/trophy/ and /user/trophy/conf/, after setting up the console and games, I just copied these files back, overwriting existing ones, and the trophies were instantly back where they were before.
Although I forgot to copy the files that link screenshots to trophies, not sure where they are located.

Reactions: NeonDeity

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to say, there aren't only the "TRP" files, there's a trophy database too, in my understanding the TRP files just give the trophies informations (name, description, icon...) adapted to the PS4 language, but this is the DB that store your earned trophies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it