Question about Pokemon series

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by popoffka, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. popoffka
    OP

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    Sorry for that stupid question, but I'm new to pokemons:
    What's the difference between Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl? And between HeartGold and SoulSilver?

2. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The games are set in different regions, hence a different map and storyline

3. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    No, i think he/she means the difference between pokemon Diamond and Pearl and ALSO Heart gold and soul silver.

The most notable differences is there is a small amount of pokemon that you can only catch on both games, so they must be traded over to complete the poke dex.

Also the order you get the legendaires in will be slightly different and the level you catch them at.

and the title screen? lol

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Title screen/box art, which Pokemon can be caught, and the legendary Pokemon is different. In some versions, you can only catch your legendary Pokemon (Dialga in Diamond and Palkia in Platinum) and you must trade to get the other. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver, you can catch them both, but the order in which one you catch first is different. The reason why I mention legendary Pokemon by itself is because it can sometimes have an effect on the story. For example, in Ruby/Sapphire, there is Team Magma and Team Aqua. In Ruby, Team Magma are the bad guys, and in Sapphire, Team Aqua are the bad guys.

5. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry, I guess I read the post too quickly. The main difference is the pokemon you can catch (each one has version exclusives). Apart from that most changes are aethstetic.

6. popoffka
    OP

Latvia
    Emm...
    ca_michelbach, you was right, I was asking about difference between Diamond/Pearl and HeartGold\SoulSilver separately.

As I've understood you, Diamond and Pearl are totally different. But why then they are often mentioned together?

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Diamond is almost the same as Pearl, but with some other catchable pokemon
    And HeartGold is almost the same as SoulSilver, but with some other catchable pokemon

But D/P are very different from HG/SS (other release date, other regions, ...)

8. popoffka
    OP

Latvia
    tj_cool, thank you, now I've understood everything!