question about nintendo sav data transfer tool

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by weatMod, Mar 28, 2015.

1. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i am wondering if it is possible to use the nintendo sav data transfer tool
    to move my OOT sav file from my OOT cart to a CIA of OOT i installed using devmen

and also does nintendo sav data tool have to go online to do it's thing or require the latest FW?

and since there is no GW emunand update and i cant get on the eshop
    i assume i can't get the tool right?
    does it hav eto be downloaded from the eshop or is it in settings someplace?
    either way i will need to get a CIA of the tool to install it to the home menu

not sure if it will work where the the OOT is not officially purchased from the eshop

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  3. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i have both and i already have taken a sav dump with GW menu and then restored it to my OOT cart after putting GW OOT sav exploit on it
    but i suppose i cant do anyhting with that backup right?

so what do i do?
    put the OOT card in my old 3ds, but what then?
    i cant run savdatafiler from classic mode and OOT official card wont show up in GW mode emunand so icant use savdatafiler from there

4. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  5. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    "set up CFW"

but how can we even follow this guide now since we can't get 9.4 emunand anymore
    does it have to be 9.4 emunand? or will a cart be able to update to 9.4 like codenamesteam?

we obviously can't update from online like the guide says since 9.6 is out
    does MT launcher even support update emunand froma retail cart like GW does?

also seem like a a lot of skipped steps, it says format emunand , but doesnt say to create it in the 1st place
    also says to put MT launcher and MT installer on the SD card WUT?
    i assume he means to put the MT installer.nds onto a DS mode flashcards msd and not to the 3ds SD card right?
    and that we have to go to make a backup and create a nand dump first before we can format emunand
    it says to launch MT menu and select format emunand, i assume he meant to go to backup emunand first

6. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France