Hacking Question about NAND restore

Sweglord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been out of the switch loop for a quite a while now, and remembered that I made a NAND backup of my switch back when I was on 5.xx fw. I just checked today and noticed my switch is currently on 6.0.1 and didn't know about it. I wanted to know that if I were to restore the backup I have, will it revert it to the previous fw, and if so, am I at risk of burning any fuses?

grepoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did not used sxos you probably already burned your fuses.
Only sxos prefents the fuses during an update

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Other CFW can prevent to burn fuse too, not only SX OS, it's misinformation.

OP, if you launched your switch normally in 6.0.1 (RCM deactivated, no CFW) you burned your fuse.

You can downgrade but you will not be able to launch the Switch normally after that, only with RCM.

Last edited by Undi,
Reactions: Ashura66

Sweglord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other CFW can prevent to burn fuse too, not only SX OS, it's misinformation.

OP, if you launched your switch normally in 6.0.1 (RCM deactivated, no CFW) you burned your fuse.

You can downgrade but you will not be able to launch the Switch normally after that, only with RCM.
Yikes, nevermind then. I'm pretty sure the switch updated normally. I don't know how my switch updated to the latest fw, havent touched it in months

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you're resorting to spreading lies? SX OS actually used to be the only bootloader that burned fuses. It wasn't until V1.2 that they fixed everything related to fuses. Hekate and ReiNX had fuse protection from day one.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yikes, nevermind then. I'm pretty sure the switch updated normally. I don't know how my switch updated to the latest fw, havent touched it in months

Quick advice for you OP, never take anything that @grepoman says seriously, completely disregard anything this user says. As you can already tell, he never has any idea what they are talking about and the only "advice" they ever say is "use SX OS" Though now resorting to outright LYING to make that crap look better.As for how your Switch updated, well, that's the big mystery now aint it? Did you have your system turned off all this time and not just in sleep mode? Didn't ever turn it on by accident or have auto updates activated?

Sweglord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick advice for you OP, never take anything that @grepoman says seriously, completely disregard anything this user says. As you can already tell, he never has any idea what they are talking about and the only "advice" they ever say is "use SX OS" Though now resorting to outright LYING to make that crap look better.As for how your Switch updated, well, that's the big mystery now aint it? Did you have your system turned off all this time and not just in sleep mode? Didn't ever turn it on by accident or have auto updates activated?
I most likely left it on sleep mode the last time I used it, since the battery was completely dead when I turned it on yesterday. Never turned it on prior to that though. I don't really mind that it's updated, just a little depressing haha. Any downsides for being on fw 6.xx right now compared to 5.xx? I know I wont be able to cold boot it anymore anyways

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I most likely left it on sleep mode the last time I used it, since the battery was completely dead when I turned it on yesterday. Never turned it on prior to that though. I don't really mind that it's updated, just a little depressing haha. Any downsides for being on fw 6.xx right now compared to 5.xx? I know I wont be able to cold boot it anymore anyways

No, not really. If you're running ReiNX, that has a little bug regarding sleep mode where the system wont wake up from it. At least it did, i don't know if it's been patched yet or not. Other than that, there's really no downsides

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!