Question about NA version

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by G2K, Mar 24, 2009.

1. G2K
    OP

G2K GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    Cambridge, Onatrio
    OK, so I'm new to the DS modding scene, but I've been the proud owner of a softmodded Wii for a while now. I plan to start after the DSi comes stateside, but I had some questions. I know we currently don't know wether the Acekart 2i will work in the NA DSi, but I wanted to know wether there is a good chance of it not working. Should I go ahead and buy one, or wait for the news? I wouldn't be able to use it if it doesn't work, as I'm selling my DS Phat.

Also, IIRC, DSiWare can be played directly off the SD card, right? Is the DSiWare DRM-free?

2. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    We don't know 100%. It's best to wait until the release and early reports.

3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    no dsi sd based rips only work on that specific dsi where the file was removed from. those rips/releases are useless to everyone else. none of the dsi specific features have been hacked, and they may not be. the systems uses a very tight cypher and a look-up table to verify. i would not buy a dsi for homebrew/roms anytime soon. the simple bootloader hack is very easy to disable and the a2ki in general isn't that great in regards to build quality.

-another world