Question about NA version

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by G2K, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

Question about NA version by G2K at 1:07 AM (494 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    OK, so I'm new to the DS modding scene, but I've been the proud owner of a softmodded Wii for a while now. I plan to start after the DSi comes stateside, but I had some questions. I know we currently don't know wether the Acekart 2i will work in the NA DSi, but I wanted to know wether there is a good chance of it not working. Should I go ahead and buy one, or wait for the news? I wouldn't be able to use it if it doesn't work, as I'm selling my DS Phat.

Also, IIRC, DSiWare can be played directly off the SD card, right? Is the DSiWare DRM-free?

2. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    We don't know 100%. It's best to wait until the release and early reports.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    no dsi sd based rips only work on that specific dsi where the file was removed from. those rips/releases are useless to everyone else. none of the dsi specific features have been hacked, and they may not be. the systems uses a very tight cypher and a look-up table to verify. i would not buy a dsi for homebrew/roms anytime soon. the simple bootloader hack is very easy to disable and the a2ki in general isn't that great in regards to build quality.

-another world